multi emulator frontend

and heres the other link

(edit: ok well nevermind, ive no idea how to post link to search results) anyway, search this forum for "hyperspin" its been mentioned, looked into, and discussed before, pretty much, the last post here by mcobit says it all

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had the most success getting the Python based Front-end called Wahcade running on the Pandora. There are no 800x480 friendly skins for it yet, but it does work and I've had limited success getting it to work with M.E.S.S. Sadly I don't have access to my sources for this, but it did not take much work (or any at all) to get running. Configuring it, however is a tedious process for M.E.S.S. which is why a PND never materialized. Pickle Launcher can be configured in much the same way WahCade can for any number of emulators and is probably the best bet for most situations on the Pandora.

i am still surprised this is an issue. i have the barest of linux knowledge and the only setting up i have really had to do is my pnd directories. ROMs are all on another SD card and i just... use the file manager to get to them. its really easy. the only thing i've struggled with is getting gpsp going through ginge, and its not really struggling when you look at it for 2 mins go "oh thats gonna take a while, i'll just play it on my DS".

documentation would be really nice as standard but i really feel like this emulator front end issue is ridiculous. id sooner we just encourage to make sure emulators have more features (though not pressurise).

are there really that many situations where a collective front end would be useful for anyone who isn't too young to have a pandora anyway?

i am still surprised this is an issue. i have the barest of linux knowledge and the only setting up i have really had to do is my pnd directories. ROMs are all on another SD card and i just... use the file manager to get to them. its really easy. the only thing i've struggled with is getting gpsp going through ginge, and its not really struggling when you look at it for 2 mins go "oh thats gonna take a while, i'll just play it on my DS".

documentation would be really nice as standard but i really feel like this emulator front end issue is ridiculous. id sooner we just encourage to make sure emulators have more features (though not pressurise).

are there really that many situations where a collective front end would be useful for anyone who isn't too young to have a pandora anyway?
It really doesn't matter to me one way or the other as XFCE is easy to work with. I've just seen a lot of threads about this and never ran across one about HyperSpin and searching for it on the forums didn't bring up any actual results for me. So I thought I'd post it.

MiniMenu is user-friendly and in some ways it somewhat serves as a multi-anything front-end. :)

MiniMenu is user-friendly and in some ways it somewhat serves as a multi-anything front-end. :)
it is :) though i'm pretty happy with XFCE too.

rereading my post i did go off on one a bit... you know i think another thread may have incensed me or something. that or the cumulation of previous similar posts saying they need to be uniform. its a frustrating topic because there are just hugely better thing to work on.

Back