Multi Use Programs

Apeiron

I was wondering, I heard that Yoyofr(think thats right) is making a all purpose emulator.

I have a few questions about it.

Would most of the source code be the same (if there are programmed in the same thing)?
In which case to make a mutli-use emu, it would save space, memory and processing power or use more power because it has a more info to accomidate all things.
Would it be possible to make all system roms the same file type (.rom or something)?

Are there any other ideas like this, I know the multi firmware and a divx mp3 player.
Things like Notepad and paint would be cool new software, use a chat board to code or make html on the go.

I'm just curious about future merging of programs, like mixing of most of the free software you get (Divx, Mp3, Text(that'd be seperate))

GPFM and United Viewer GP are the only two programs I know of that have integrated viewers, text editors, and MP3 players. The rest are seperate FXEs, which mean you need to restart your GP each time. But since it takes like a second to restart, and it takes longer then a second to close and start something in GPFM and United, I think restarting is a better solution ;) Usually, seperate programs are more powerful then integrated ones.

Then again, there's always gpLinux...

Back