Multiformat Games

Mark

Boris Johnson: Cuddly Conservative
Website
www.gp-magazine.org.uk
I thought it would be a good idea to make a list of games that are avalible for different formats, and on which one they work best on the GP32. It will be used on my new GP32 site when it is launched.

For example, Parasol Stars is avalible a few consoles, but the best version is the PCEngine version.

I think it will save people time, and some battery life, as they won't be overclocking to use SNES/MEGA DRIVE when it's avalible on another console:)

Right.... So far......

Parasol Stars-PCengine
Outrun-PCengine
Bart Vs. Space Mutants-NES
Donkey Kong Country-SNES
Bomberman-PCEngine
Puyo Puyo-SNES
R-Type-SNES

if your concerened about batteries and dont want to use genesis than you can get the gunstar heroes for GameGear.

although i prefer the Genesis.

if your concerened about batteries and dont want to use genesis than you can get the gunstar heroes for GameGear.

although i prefer the Genesis.
Yup, the GameGear and Master System versions are both pretty cool, plus you'd get some decent speed and sound.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't seem to be able to play Game Gear games through fSMS. Is this is a common problem? When I select a GG-game the screen's size is to big for my screen (problem stays when changing screen size), and the colors are mainly purple-ish. SMS-games work perfectly.

I think it will save people time, and some battery life, as they won't be overclocking to use SNES/MEGA DRIVE when it's avalible on another console:)

R-Type-SNES
I'd say:
R-Type - PCEngine
I prefer the Master System version as it keeps the entire screen visible, like the arcade version. The screen on the PC Engine one moves up and down so if your ship is down low, there may be cannons etc above you that are off screen. The graphics and sound are pretty excellent on the Master System version also, although not quite up to PC Engine standards.

R-Type-SNES
I'd say:
R-Type - PCEngine
I prefer the Master System version as it keeps the entire screen visible, like the arcade version. The screen on the PC Engine one moves up and down so if your ship is down low, there may be cannons etc above you that are off screen. The graphics and sound are pretty excellent on the Master System version also, although not quite up to PC Engine standards.
Of course the Amiga version was best but no emu... *sniff*

Back