Multiplayer emulation?

AquaAnalogue

Is there a guide, wiki page, thread, blog post or other resource dedicated to the topic of multiplayer emulation on the Pandora?

In particular, I'm wondering how to rig up SNES9x4P to use a second controller. Most turn-based games have a "swap" mode where two players share one controller, but my girlfriend and I never got to play Kirby's Dream Course (our greatest common divisor gaming-wise) last week when she came to visit, due to it not having this input mode.

There may be some real-time 2-player element I can't think of, but a way to simply "swap" between the two recieves partial credit. Bonus points if you can tell me both. :) I aim to have this working by the next time she visits.

Hopefully SNES9x4P wasn't compiled without multiplayer support :(

Yeah, same here, I certainly wonder...

I'd also like to know how many of our emulators have LAN options for their PC counterparts...

If the emulator doesn't support it natively, you might need to use a Joy-to-Key-type program (such as qJoypad or Joysticken) to get what you want. Picodrive and PCSX at least support external joysticks; dunno about others.

Although I realise that it was not the intention of the OP, there are a bunch of threads linked to in a post which in turn is linked to in my sig, that deal with the topic of online multiplayer capabilities. Just thought I'd say, in case people come across this thread in a search at a later date.

EDIT: In case my sig changes, it is here.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have a laptop I'd recommend that and a TV-out cable for multiplayer. And some game pads or Wii Remotes, of course; it's what I used for a while.

Back