GP32 Multiplayer On Gp32

steven84

Still Fresh
hi, has Multiplayer been done on this device yet?, i had a idea where you could do Multiplayer over the internet with the gp32
most dos games etc that will probly run on gp32 have serial port or some other port to connect to other players , im wondering would it be possible to emulate the serial etc directly onto the gp32 usb port(or whatever it has) to a pc that would then process that in a program that could connect to other users over the net and exchange data etc. i dunno if i explained my idea clear enough but its just something i come up with last night..

i havent got a gp32 yet im still looking for reasions to get it

Idea Diagram Thing:

GP32->pc engine emu ->pc engine captures/emulates serial etc->emulated captured data gets sent through usb to a internet ready pc->some sort of data mangement program recives the data on the pc when then manages where the data is sent to..

hope ive made it a bit clearer what my idea is maybe its allready been done i dunno :unsure:

Steve

It's korean, and its a fighting game useing kind of the same way you described to gain acess to the internet. i guess. It's online mp tho. www.gp32eu.com for a enlgish describtion of it.

im not sure what the pc engine emulates , i havent got a gp32 to experement on yet

im trying to learn as much as i can about this device as its really interesting and i think i will get one, the main reasion i want it is to play my old sega mega drive and sega master system games
the perticular games i wanna play are:
all sonic games on sms and mega drive
terminator 2 judgement day for the mega drive
streets of rage1/2/3 mega drive.

i may allso try to start devloping games/apps for it too, i dout it can run any win32 exe's? its just im a vb user at most.

allso what is upgradeable on this GP32?
Memory?
Cpu? etc..

in a way its good that the gp32 does have a low profile otherwise you would get nintendo/ms/sony/sega etc trying to muscle in on the market for hand helds of this power and allso your not forced to upgrade every year as game pack trys to keep up with different companys...

pitty we havent got the windows 3.1 source code im sure that would run on one of these things :D

Steve gp32_console

SMS emulations is pretty good but SMD is not. There are only two avaiable and most games are without sound or low framerate.

The gp32 can be modded to be faster (at the risk of your gp32 and at the cost of batteries) but it isnt upgradeable.

You may want to read one of the FAQs that are lying around the forums such as the FAQ forum http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showforum=30

Last edited by a moderator:
would be great for people like me with fast connections, i would love a device dongle to connect to my GP32 allowing it to connect to my Router wirelessly though, could play gp32 online anywhere in the house! especially in bed! :D i doubt it would happoen tho with gp32 but at least its an idea.

maybe the next next gen hand helds ey? <_<

Mmmm, actually with gpLinux it is quite a possibility, they have alrerady got the gp32 connected, but no web browser.

Back