Release Multiracer

Farox

Certified Guru
Website
rbnet.it
Here is my multiracer.dbp a repackage of this nice racing game called Mulitracer by (http://www.franticware.com/multiracer).

Its main features are a split-screen multiplayer mode for up to 4 players and a single player racing against a ghost car.

The Pyra release is running using the Raspberry Pi binary (as sources are not available), and it's possible to play in 2 player mode (tested with a joy connected into a usb port).
Naturally it's running using GL4ES by @ptitSeb

Enjoy

shot04.png

Hi @Farox ,

Thank you very much for making this game run on the Pyra, it's working very well :)

Both my grand father and my father used to drive Skodas, they would have enjoyed that game a lot !

Cheers, Magic Sam

@levi : more importantly (IMHO), the game is now open source (BSD) :) I didn't have the time to ask the MorphOS porter about GL4ES yet. I believe he didn't use GL4ES though but rather TinyGL which comes bundled with the OS:

@Farox : could you please give this source release a try ? I'll also try to get it to compile on MorphOS :)

Cheers, Magic Sam

@Magic Sam Great news that the game and datas are now open sourced.
I'll try to recompile (in the next days) just to see how it run...but don't think fps speed will increase.

Thanks to Franticware for releasing!!

Hi all, Vojtěch here.
It is nice to see there is still interest in our game, which is close to being 15 years old.

You might have noticed some textures look a bit different from the original. That's the case for those I originally took from free texture websites - I could not release these to PD because I was not the copyright holder.
So I snapped some photos of buildings and trees that looked close to the original and made new textures out of those.

Also, I removed all car branding (names and logos).

You can compare in these two videos:

Last edited:
Yes, and the data is CC0ed (basically public domain in countries where that's not an opt\ion).
To save some time, openmrac.dat can be extracted from windows build here, rather than generating it from the repository:
franticware.com/openmrac

Please note that the original MultiRacer dat file has a different format and will not work.

Hi @Franticware and welcome here.

Your game is really fun and well made...it's a pity that is incomplete...anyway is enjoyable as is.

I have recompiled your just released sources (thanks again for this) and also the datas without problems...the game runs fine but the only thing is the fps counter is barely visible (is too tiny on our 5 inches screen at 1280*720 resolution) as you can see on the picture attached...could it be enlarged?

openmrac-scr001.png

I would like to keep the main repo untouched for the most part, but you could do a fork where you would change it according to your needs. You could even name the fork as something like OpenMRac-Pyra - all is up to you.

To help you start, I suggest changing gamemng.cpp:652 to something like the following and see how it looks:
p_gltext_fps.init(20, 1, 800.f/p_viewport[1]*0.8f /*5*/, 1, -1, &p_glfont, font_color);

But it then clashes with the game HUD, so I will leave the details of the fix up to you. Maybe omit the "FPS" from the counter and keep just the number?

Currently there are 4 tracks and 3 cars, each with 4 different colors, but some mods might come up. Someone (not me) would have to write an export/import plugin for the current Blender for it to happen though.

To help you start, I suggest changing gamemng.cpp:652 to something like the following and see how it looks:
p_gltext_fps.init(20, 1, 800.f/p_viewport[1]*0.8f /*5*/, 1, -1, &p_glfont, font_color);

But it then clashes with the game HUD, so I will leave the details of the fix up to you. Maybe omit the "FPS" from the counter and keep just the number?
Thanks for your help and suggestions, i'll try the changes.

Currently there are 4 tracks and 3 cars, each with 4 different colors, but some mods might come up. Someone (not me) would have to write an export/import plugin for the current Blender for it to happen though.
Thank's for sharing your game!

I'm proficient with blender but wouldn't be able to write an exporter. If somebody does, I'd be happy to make some assets.

Back