Mupen64Plus Video

Dead1nside said:
Exophase said:
According to Ari64 it's one of the easier to emulate, I think you should be listening to him above others.

Oh, I don't read the developer thread much, of course you're right the developers are the ones to be listening to, I just thought they said that in general the Rare games pushed the N64 the hardest and presumably would be the hardest to emulate.

Ari64 said it in this thread, at the top of this previous page ...

Edit: Damn new page :p

Last edited by a moderator:
MDave said:
Ari64 said it in this thread, at the top of this previous page ...

Edit: Damn new page :p

Yes, I've just seen that now. My mistake again, it's still the general impression I've gleaned over my time on the forum though, which was according to Ari64 incorrect.

It wasn't my main point however which was elation and intrigue.

This might sound stupid, and like I'm just asking for pointless tests.

But, could someone test TUROK or TUROK Rage Wars? Not Turok2/Turok3 as they needed an expansion pack.
As Ari64 mentioned, GE crashed the app due to TLB error, but TUROK original may or may not need this, due to its age and that its made my Akklaim and I've had mixed results with Turok (orig) over GoldenEye on all different systems.
If someone could help my curiosity it would be great.

kingoddball said:
This might sound stupid, and like I'm just asking for pointless tests.

But, could someone test TUROK or TUROK Rage Wars? Not Turok2/Turok3 as they needed an expansion pack.
As Ari64 mentioned, GE crashed the app due to TLB error, but TUROK original may or may not need this, due to its age and that its made my Akklaim and I've had mixed results with Turok (orig) over GoldenEye on all different systems.
If someone could help my curiosity it would be great.

Turok 2/3 don't require the expansion pack ;)

MDave said:
Even if they did, that shouldn't stop things. So did Majora's Mask, and we've been told it worksplays.

They may not REQUIRE it, but they do use it.
I'm not sure on what the difference was when Turok 2 had the Expansion Pak and when it didn't.
On boot of original game it showed the Expansion pak and saying it was found. I think it's like perfect dark, where u can play but lower res, etc.

the expansion pak only added like 64mb of memory or something, why is including expansion pak support on the pandora emu such a problem?

It included 4mb. I think it made the total 8mb.
It was a 64bit console. Nothing was 64Mb except Resident Evil 2 and maybe a few other games. :ph34r: ;)

Paradox said:
the expansion pak only added like 64mb of memory or something, why is including expansion pak support on the pandora emu such a problem?
As far as I know, it's not. Ari or Exophase, care to interject?

WizardStan said:
MDave said:
Even if they did, that shouldn't stop things. So did Majora's Mask, and we've been told it worksplays.
4279ef7b29407b6065a785679bc10c9a.jpg

Paradox said:

lol 64MB. It was only until the xbox did consoles get that much.

Mupen64plus supports it I'm sure, so it should be a non issue. 4MB extra isn't going to tax the Pandora at all.

MDave said:
Paradox said:

lol 64MB. It was only until the xbox did consoles get that much.

Mupen64plus supports it I'm sure, so it should be a non issue. 4MB extra isn't going to tax the Pandora at all.

reinforces my point even more then, 4mb is a lot less than I expected.

WizardStan said:
MDave said:
It runs, but currently there are some problems with the graphics rendering.

The expansion pack itself isn't a problem, it's only 4MB of RAM. The pandora has enough RAM to accommodate this :)

I'm not sure how my request has spun around into a debate on the Expansion Pak.

I was just asking for someone to test Turok, if they want to test the entire series, that is even better!

BUT! If someone would just like to test some random games for me then I would not say no!

South Park
007 TWINE (the world is not enough)
1080 SnowBoarding
Mario Party series
Resident Evil 2
Star Wars Rouge Squadron/Star Wars: Shadows of the empires..

Just thought I would throw that out there! :D

kingoddball said:
...Mario Party series...

I never, ever managed to beat that dastardly final minigame in the story mode. The second track-racing game was always the one I was worst at, and they went and made that the very last one you absolutely had to beat. I completed every other one, too! :ph34r:

I'm wouldn't want to risk damaging my Pandora with some of those brutal analog spinning minigames from Mario Party.

Adventus said:
Don't worry, ALL the options are already available. You can render at any resolution supported by the SGX and upscale to any window dimension. In my config file there's options like: framebuffer enable, framebuffer width, framebuffer height, framebuffer bilinear, window width, window height, window xpos, window ypos. As well as options to disable different rendering paths (like alpha test, fog, clipping, etc) and a few rdp clamping modes. I just happen to like the widescreen modes.
Sounds good. I prefer correct aspect ratio over forced (stretched) Widescreen. I don't care about black bars left and right of the image. :)
I'm sure, the Pandora can Run at least Mario Full Speed WITH Sound. Lower Res and it should be possible. Is there already an FPS Comparison between 320x240 scaled up and 640x480 res?

I remember that the old "Ultra HLE" Emulator worekd pretty well onto my ancient PenII 266MHz. I only had a "Voodoo 2" graphics Card with ridiculous 8MB VRam and the Emulator just worked! Feels like N64 Emulation is notthat hard. ^_^

kingoddball said:
They may not REQUIRE it, but they do use it.
I'm not sure on what the difference was when Turok 2 had the Expansion Pak and when it didn't.
On boot of original game it showed the Expansion pak and saying it was found. I think it's like perfect dark, where u can play but lower res, etc.
It ran in lower res without he expansion pak... In terms of an emulator I would imagine in some case it's beneficial to not emulate the expansion pak, since the emulator can render at whichever resolution it wants to regardless. I remember that some games in project64 would crash with the expansion pak enabled... but you could just play the "lowres" version at 1024x768(my then max resolution)...

perfect dark can play without the expansion just fine just gfx looks a bit more goldeneye-ish i remember the comparison screenshots when it was released in the official nintendo mag.think its donkeykong 64 that requires it :/ not sure never played it. lylat wars(starfox) all the way!!! cant wait to blast andros in his fat monkey face again

Trevsweb said:
perfect dark can play without the expansion just fine just gfx looks a bit more goldeneye-ish i remember the comparison screenshots when it was released in the official nintendo mag.think its donkeykong 64 that requires it :/ not sure never played it. lylat wars(starfox) all the way!!! cant wait to blast andros in his fat monkey face again

You couldn't play any single player without the expansion pack for Perfect Dark, and only 2 player multiplayer (with black bars on the sides of the screen!).

Back