Mupen64Plus

i understand man is very easy, ok i wait and when i have n900 , i try pandora software and good lucky for me, ja ja. binary code probably run but any bugs because , should be recompiled and tuned to the properties of the n900, not rewritten but yes recompiled, ok

when i have i try

regards

pandora and nokia n900
have ARM® Cortex™-A8 600Mhz
800x480
OpenGL 2.0 ES compliant 3D hardware

linux/maemo

jeje i repeat i try pandora emulators in n900 when i have and i will say if run o not run jej

Javi: tienes que tener en cuenta que aunque tengan el mismo procesador son muy distintas, y todos los plugins y demás cosas del emu serán echos específicamente para que corran bien en el hardware de Pandora.
Lo más probable es que cuando salga el n900 mucha gente se ponga a hackearlo y en pocos meses verás una amplia lista de emus para tu móvil, de todas formas, ¿ como piensas jugar a la nintendo 64 solo con las teclas de ese móvil ?

First!

1255791618-0.jpg

Credits to adventus and pickle, I only did a oneliner patch :p

Video plz
>.>
(Yeah, I know, it seemed funny at the time. I'll just go hang out in my corner now)

JayFoxRox said:
Nah Pickle, do you really think we need a video?
/me is away, playing some Super Mario 64 on his beagleboard :p

Yeah it might be better for everyone to experience this for the first time once they have thier pandora/bb ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
It doesn't look to much faster on 850MHz than it does for me with 500MHz... I guess this is an SGX issue. But its just a guess.
I'll probably look into it if I find time for it (Looking for slow parts in wes).
I also started putting my Pandora-PSP controller functions in a N64 input plugin so it can be played.

greendots said:
Why does the window say MPlayer in the screen shot?
Because it's easy to set up an mplayer window for rendering instead of creating your own window, setting the correct update flags etc. With mplayer, you can just stream your output to it and it'll be displayed.

Will the NEON chipset improve the fps just like in dcemu?
BTW is awesome to see how fast this is rolling on

dflemstr said:
greendots said:
Why does the window say MPlayer in the screen shot?
Because it's easy to set up an mplayer window for rendering instead of creating your own window, setting the correct update flags etc. With mplayer, you can just stream your output to it and it'll be displayed.
This is wrong - atleast in this case.

The screenshot was done on my computer where I program stuff.

What I do is this:
- Connect beagleboard via miniusb and power externally
- Open network through usb
- Setup nfs to share directorys from my PC in read-only form for beagleboard
- beagleboard mounts these, I 'cd' into the shared directory start two scripts (Set SGX Output to TV-Out, Restart SGX with 110MHz and RGB565 fb)
- I cross-compile applications from the computer to the shared directorys
- Start these using the beagleboard using serial (Whenever it crashes I use ssh to kill the process)

The beagleboard is also connected to the PC via the S-Video cable which leads to a Capture-Card. And whatever the capture-card captures is shown in "MPlayer"

So I have my normal desktop opened (On 2 screens by the way) and I have a simple window for the beagleboard output and terminals to control it (No additional digital display necessary, simple solution and easy to use)

//Edit (22nd Oct.): Look here for more informations, its still wip though: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/blog/2/entry-52-my-development-environment-for-pandora-applications/

JayFoxRox said:
It doesn't look to much faster on 850MHz than it does for me with 500MHz... I guess this is an SGX issue. But its just a guess.
I'll probably look into it if I find time for it (Looking for slow parts in wes).
I also started putting my Pandora-PSP controller functions in a N64 input plugin so it can be played.

Out of curiosity, what did your one-line change do?

Its been a problem with the dynamic loading of the library. Adding a RTLD_GLOBAL to the second parameter was enough.
However, many sources say that this is not the best thing you can do because it could lead to problems.
But hey.. works fine for now. I could imagine that the plugin system is going to be removed later anyway because we have unified hardware and other plugins don't work neither.

JayFoxRox said:
Its been a problem with the dynamic loading of the library. Adding a RTLD_GLOBAL to the second parameter was enough.
However, many sources say that this is not the best thing you can do because it could lead to problems.
But hey.. works fine for now. I could imagine that the plugin system is going to be removed later anyway because we have unified hardware and other plugins don't work neither.

yeah i cant believe its been something that simple.

Back