Music/file manager software that works with iPod

isc.grant

Still Fresh
Still don't have my Pandora yet but I am putting together a list of programs. I use my iPod Video for entertainment and extra digital storage when I travel. I would also like to use the Pandora to Manage the music on it. Is there any music or file management apps that work on Pandora to control the iPod? I assume that I should at least be able to use the iPod as an external drive on Pandora. I searched the boards and apps but haven't seen anything mentioned about this.

I assume that I should at least be able to use the iPod as an external drive on Pandora.

I don't have big experience with apple products but my iPod shuffle (4G) works as external storage on every computer that doesn't have iTunes installed on, including Pandora. Unfortunatrly when I last checked (few months ago) there weren’t any alternative software fully compatible with newest firmware from apple even for Windows PC.

iPod video works nice with Rockbox... Then you get more formats supported and can drag and drop music where you want to put it, rather than relying on iTunes(or 3rd party plugins.)

Also you can dual boot iPod/Rockbox.

Just saying...

I'm sure your iPod is probably a bit smaller than the Pandora, so you have reason to use it. It still seems a little funny to me, though, to use an iPod for music when the Pandora's sound quality through headphones is significantly better than any iPod I know of. (The Classic used to have a hardware DAC at least, so it sounded the best of them; do new Classics still have one? None of the others have one.)

I have the iPod video old 5th gen and I never use iTunes so I'm not concerned with being compatible with the latest ver. I currently use Floola which works on windows mac and linux. I keep a copy right on the iPod itself so I can manage it wherever I plug it in. I also upgraded the drive so i can use the extra storage like a big usb flash. I haven't heard the pandora to compare (still haven't gotten it yet) but thats another reason iPod management software would be helpfull. The pandora could access the music on the iPod to play it back. The main reason for me is so I don't have to bring my windows tablet with me any more when I travel the pandora does almost as much from what I can see and it does not weigh nearlly as much.

Back