Music Thread

bringoutthegimp

Nova is a dumbass
Website
Visit site
thought i'd make a music thread since i could pretty much talk about hip hop all day long.

albums i bought today:
nwa - straight outta compton
blackalicous - blazing arrow
ugly duckling - journey to anywhere
viktor vaughn - vaudeville villain
outkast - atliens
redman - muddy waters

not listened to any yet (got nwa, blackalicous, VVVV and outkast albums on me comp, but you gotta get the cd right? feels better) but im waiting till tomorrow so i can play all the new games (hopefully) whilst listening to some GOOD music. should be a laid back day

Getting addicted to Aphex Twin recently. I never bothered to listen to a lot of their stuff, but it turns out they kick ass.

Twinbee posted on May 1 2004 at 09:48 PM said:
Getting addicted to Aphex Twin recently. I never bothered to listen to a lot of their stuff, but it turns out they kick ass.
meh, never really been interested in non-hip hop stuff apart from old soul samples the songs use. got into snow patrol / belle and sebastian for a bit because my mate is well into them (im pretty sure him and his brothers were the original fans. my mates brother played football with belle and sebastian supposedly)

Last edited by a moderator:
Currently on a binge donloading a ton of Goa trance and psychedlic trance
Hypnotic pounding bass and lotsof dirty synths and 303's :p

from http://music.globalbeatz.net.

Excellent site tons of mixes across a variety of dance music genres and fast d/l speed good 56k a second a new mix every 45-60 mins..and best of all its free :D

Blackalicious and UD are really cool, "Just a little samba" is one that often gets the party started, and you've gotta check "alphabet aerobics" for some wicked rappin

Then again, judging by the other hiphop you've mentioned, I'm not sure if they'll be your ting

frolik posted on May 1 2004 at 10:04 PM said:

Blackalicious and UD are really cool, "Just a little samba" is one that often gets the party started, and you've gotta check "alphabet aerobics" for some wicked rappin

Then again, judging by the other hiphop you've mentioned, I'm not sure if they'll be your ting
yeah i need to search for the a to g ep. Gift of gab is possibly my favourite mc at the moment. cant wait for his album to drop

Last edited by a moderator:
The album im listening too the most at the moment is cypress hill - black sunday. Right now though I think I have some compilation cd in :huh:.

My choice of the month is:

Sublime- 40oz to freedom
Jimi Hendrix- any of his albums they're all great
Megadeth- For pure 80's shred
Shootin Goon- Coz i saw their gig last weekend
Rage against the machine- I cant go without listen to these guys probly on eof my faves ever!!!

damn i hate 303's... :/ so no goa for me. i do like house and techno though. i mostly listen to Umek, Samuel L. Session, and other Monoid DJ's nowadays. i also like microhouse and minimal techno (Swayzak and Richie Hawtin come to mind).

Zeppelin Rule!
the clash, sex pistols, Jimi hendrix, AC/DC, Rancid, nirvana, system of a down, snow patrol, bob marley.

I mainly listen to Punk Rock from ~1973 to 1989 (the year punk died in my eyes)

I like a few modern Rock bands, but only like 1 or 2 songs each. Music sucks now.

My wife has taken akin to Opera lately, and I've actually discovered the greatness of Johnny Cash (which is wierd, given my hatred of Country Western twanging)

We should have a rock thread and a hip-hop thread, else this thing is going to split into two. Since bringoutthegimp started this thread I declare it in the name of FUNK! I mean hip-hop.

Black Trash is one of the best hip-hop albums of all time...

yeah, keep it hiphop... I still dig all kinds of music tho

was fully into Black Sunday when it first came out during my bonging days.. them were the dirty days! It's a wicked album but if I listen to it these days I embarrass myself by rappin along with it, which is ugly

damn you punk dudes taking over the thread ;) . anyway im bored of waiting for this stupid compo.....so heres the list of albums im most hyped about in 2004::

wwwb_lr.jpg
(you knew that was coming)

goretex-the-art-of-dying.jpg
(possibly the greatest album cover ever?)

B000189X4A.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

MF DOOM ::: MMM....Food (this album will be fr-fr-fresh)

Masta Killa ::: No Said Date

Back