Must-have Emulators?

bhess

Website
Visit site
I've had my GP2x for a couple of weeks now. I pretty much just have Picodrive and SquideSNES at the moment. Anyone wanna tell me what emulators I should get? Yes, I have browsed the archive..

I don't want to sound like an dick, but all of them. The genisis is a must, the nintendo is a must, the megadrive is a must, the neogeo is a must, etc. All of them.

Yes neogeo is a must have and I would add mame in there too. There is so many to pick from and your SD card becomes small so fast. It is hard to name them all. But, yes, they are all good.

Yes neogeo is a must have and I would add mame in there too. There is so many to pick from and your SD card becomes small so fast. It is hard to name them all. But, yes, they are all good.
Agreed, MAME is definitely one to get. You will have masses of original arcade games in your pocket then :)

Last edited by a moderator:
My favorites are, gp2xhandy (lynx), Gp2xspectrum (speccy), Vice (commodore machines), MAME, Neo Geo, gnuboy (gameboy/colour), Castaway (atari st), uae4all (amiga), alexkidd (sms & GG), PC Engine (hu), nes (gpfce) and ofcourse megadrive and snes and the odd play on psx4all

They are my most used, theres good homebrew stuff as well you can take a look at.

The only emulator im waiting for is Dragon 32 and then my sd card is complete :)

My favorites are, gp2xhandy (lynx), Gp2xspectrum (speccy), Vice (commodore machines), MAME, Neo Geo, gnuboy (gameboy/colour), Castaway (atari st), uae4all (amiga), alexkidd (sms & GG), PC Engine (hu), nes (gpfce) and ofcourse megadrive and snes

Great list. I'd add RACE for Neo Geo Pocket Color and Caprice for Amstrad CPC.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like full speed and very compatible emulators (without too much overclocking):
This is my list with very good emulators:

OutcaST: (atari-st) _ still much better than amiga emulators and 90% of the amiga games are also available for ST
Gnuboy2x (gameboy + gameboy color)
GP2Xhandy (atari Lynx)
DrMD or Picodrive (genesis)
Gpfce (NES)
O2em (Odyssey 2/G7000)
Vice2x (c64)
MAME gp2x (arcade) great for arcade games from the 80's like galaga
gneo2x (neo geo) that you can play mslug on the gp2x is amazing and is IMHO the best way to show the possibilities of the gp2x.

If they are a 'must have' is up to your taste.

no one has mentioned frodo yet for c64 action. i wouldnt have put it on my console except i wanted to impress a friend at work. i never had one but i love loderunner which i played on an apple mac a few times. its an excellent little game on the gp2x (",) . maybe you could set a poll to find out? i would say the consensus is to have mame even if no one can agree on anything else...

Back