My AC adapter silently died

debernardis

Still Fresh
10th day home: my ac adapter is dead; green led doesn't light up any more, and you can listen a quiet click - click - click (maybe 4 clicks per second) while it's connected to the mains. Doesn't charge the Pandora any more.

Luckily I had a second battery so I was soon reassured the cpu still worked. I hope the battery that was in didn't die, too.

Is it covered by warranty? Meanwhile I better take a psp adapter I bet.

EDIT: the local mall has no original psp charger. I'm charging the pandora through the usb. The battery involved in the ac adapter suicide wasn't harmed ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
It's going to be mission impossible to find an original psp charger here. And usb charging is sssslow! :(

Consider yourself lucky, bud. ;)

It seems like this is a pretty uncommon occurence, but... I think I'm gonna see how much PSP adaptors run when I get my Pandora. Only the original one works?

I use a third party PSP charger as a backup. As long as you don't buy a $3 one from DealExtreme or eBay or something, it should be fine. Spend $10-$20 for a decent one, at an actual store if you can.

Finally I found one that specified clearly 5V 2000mA - even if not original. Seems to work.

Back