My Computer Won't Recognize The Gp2x

TradeMark

Still Fresh
I just got this gp2x on Tuesday as a gift for my father. The boot screen says it's runnning firmware 4.0.2, the info screen says 4.0.1. I have two computers, one running Vista Ultimate, one running XP. When I try to connect the unit with or without the card inside, it is not recognized by my computers. I called myself circumventing this by addng files directly to my card via the card reader on my Ultimate, however, the card after initally letting me add files to it which ran fine in the unit, now comes up as write-protected (which it is not, and the lock is in the off position).

Is there software I need to make the computer recognize the unit, or is it faulty? And what can I do about this card?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

I read somewhere that the f-200 sometimes would not be detected by PC. So maybe that could be it.

As far as your SD card is concerned maybe you should try and reformat it if you can.(in your sd card reader)
If that doesnt work try a different SD Card if you have one.

Mr PPV THC

Use the card reader, there are too many problems with reading through GP2X, and formatting won't help. Just use the reader and you'll be fine :) .

Oh, so it's a standard problem. Cool.

Still not sure what the deal is with my card though. Sometimes I put it in the reader and the computer says its write-protected, other times it allows me to add and delete files no problem, all without me doing anything different. Very odd.

TradeMark said:
Oh, so it's a standard problem. Cool.

Still not sure what the deal is with my card though. Sometimes I put it in the reader and the computer says its write-protected, other times it allows me to add and delete files no problem, all without me doing anything different. Very odd.
Are you flicking the Lock switch up and down?

It sometimes does that to me too, but if I move the switch up and down it works normally.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back