• Fairly average

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • kinda lame

• What's g++?

• Total voters

doublebeta

I'll probably regret releasing this tomorrow...

But this is my RPG, which I intend to eventually finish.
the code sucks, the graphics suck, i suppose the gameplay sucks at the moment too.
The simple to fix thing that annoys me most is that the items are represented by bool flags. In fact my usage of bools annoys me, I should be using bit flags.

Uh, just don't complain about the code sucking, as i'm aware. run at your own risk.

if anyone can get it compiled for Windows, let me know, I run Linux and haven't been able to coax mingw32 to compile Windows code with SDL.

To compile, unzip the zip (it's zip for Windows users) to a directory, and type 'g++ game.c -o game -lSDL -lSDL_ttf -lSDL_image'. I don't know how you'd do it in windows, probably by navigating 10k windows.

Possibly NSFW dialog. Just a warning. NSFW = Not Safe For Work
EDIT: Didn't attach, I fail. Also, i assume the FreeMono font is free as in freedom??? Also i love the font...View attachment 444

U R LOLKatz!

Dunno what I'm gonna do with this nuke or n00b staff, but meh...

I'm not gonna lie, I refuse to vote, but it did make me lol a bit.

heh, yeah, i should have said that Esc closes the program. When I first started this I didn't know how to make the window close when the window manager told it to(I do now, i'll fix it later, if I can be bothered...).

I know movement isn't smooth, if you see it moves by the tile size(16px); It got very buggy if I didn't, collisions were off and stuff(I didn't want to try and fix that again, god!).

Thanks for your comments, and thanks for choosing not to vote, that was really considerate :D . And yeah I know it is kinda crap atm, because I haven't really had the time to make it better...
I'm not sure whether I should remove the link or not, there is no way this is ready for public beta, but I don't regret it. And if anyone doesn't like it and wants to complain that they just wasted some NAND cycles (lol, 99,999 left, you rebel!), remember it was free and you didn't have to use it :D .

Do people actually like the style of dialog and everything tho, and the incredibly easy to find easter eggs and stuff? Or was it too childish and predictable?

EDIT: oh yeah, you can't really do anything with the items, i'm so sorry I didn't say what the buttons were! z for talking to people and stuff, i for the inventory. I will eventually get around to making a battle thing in which you can use the staff and nuke (and 'sword'(it's a n00b sword, a dagger), after you get it. You never actually can get a light for the dude who smokes.

Back