My first impressions of the Pyra

but on the other hand it’s maybe not the best idea to mess around whit System Files..
Well, that is the file that holds the display manager lightdm's configuration.
Though, wasn't there a gui tool to configure lightdm?

Reactions: rSl
The strange thing was that there where keys to save the config file, but I don’t know how, but maybe it’s better so..

Someone noticed my professionalism of the video? I even used 2 Mice simultaneously ^^ or I wanted and then forgot to make this..

Im a bit sad because the Pandora lost the race ^^

Send from something, i guess ^^

But when its dont touch Hardware Acceleration at all, why is it then slower on Pyra? I believe i had Fullspeed in NSMB on Pandora, but not on Pyra..
No big deal, im happy because it works..
If I had to guess, it's been announced so far that scaling isn't as fast as it could be, and there's a problem with fullscreen. These I have little doubt will get better when people get to grips with a stable machine.

Make sense, but it’s allready cool to get some Games..
The Atari Emulator in the Repo ditnt start, could be the Build is too Old and isn’t compatible whit the current Debian Build...
wouldn’t it make sense then to make the less demanding Emulators first? like Gameboy?
Or to wait until at least everything is implemented in the Firmware..

NSMB runs fullspeed on my Pyra, with high-res 3D enabled. Also goes way past fullspeed when I accidentally unlock the framerate by slipping over the backspace key.
Do you have GL4es working as it should on your device? Drastic seems use OpenGL to at least bring the final image on the screen, judging from terminal output.

Not using the DBP of it though. That one just crashed on my end for some reason.

Well, could be that the dpd Version needs a bit more optimation, and the one from the Repo is just a later version,
There will some work get made on the dpd Version..

I didn’t made to much change on my Pyra, only change it to German and put some Software on via symnatic

I made a Video where i compared the Pyra whit some other Devices and showed some Browser and Drastic Impact on the Systemmonitor
its in German but i think this makes it a bit more authentik, just like the spanish parts in mexico at fear the walking death ^^
the next one may be in English
i post this whit the Pyra and i plan to use the Pyra more for everything..

what kind math?

are there any particular mathematical tools you plan to use on the pyra?
I was mostly just referring to some kind of notepad application. I think that some things such as e.g. type derivations are easier when written down than when typed down. Thus I like having a touch screen for that.
Post automatically merged:

I made a Video where i compared the Pyra whit some other Devices and showed some Browser and Drastic Impact on the Systemmonitor
its in German but i think this makes it a bit more authentik, just like the spanish parts in mexico at fear the walking death ^^

NSMB looked pretty laggy. That game actually lags on the DS too if a lot of things happen at once. Especially the multiplayer can be prone to this. And it was not online, just wireless. Maybe if it gets optimised enough the Pyra can run it smoother than the original.

I used Symantec to install the Gnome Games, finally Solitaire on the Pyra whiteout the need of Drastic (should need less battery ) , and mednafen, as I wanted to see if this thing plays Tetris, but unfortunately mednafen runs, but I get a black screen on every game, so I uninstalled Mednafen as well as gngb from the Debian Repo..
but the gnome games and drastic works allready..
i also tested the Web Version from Apple Music via Firefox, but ditnt had much luck..
i get a cryptic (for me) issue warning, so I think maybe it’s not the Right Firefox Version?
On the other side, my Plan is to use the Pyra as my daily Internet Device, and the IPhone only for Apple Music, as a Data Provider for my Apple Watch, for Picture and Video Production and for Streaming as long as this doesn’t work on Pyra..

That's a tech company - they sell Norton Antivirus and stuff. You mean Synaptic. (de: synaptisch; etwa wie die Synapsen im Gehirn. Der Name kam wahrscheinlich infrage, weil er "apt" enthält - so heißt das Textzeilenprogramm, das man in Debian zur Software-Verwaltung hat.)
i also tested the Web Version from Apple Music via Firefox, but ditnt had much luck..
i get a cryptic (for me) issue warning, so I think maybe it’s not the Right Firefox Version?
I'm really just guessing here, but I'd say the Pyra lacks Digital Rights Management software and that Apple doesn't want its shit run withoout DRM. ?

This could be the reason,
But if Apple knows the Pyra allready, maybe they decide to offer ED some M1 Chips for CPU Boards?
As I always carry my Phone whit me, I can also use this for Amusic
I didn’t even pronounce our Pyra Software File System Right..
DBP? PBD? PDB?

• Haha

+1 for the guitar pick in the back of shot. I guess you don't use it to play guitar but more of an aid to getting into plastic boxes, although it does look pretty pristine. And also for what I think is a rather battered old Nokia phone box - I recognise the photo printed on it.

It shouldn't be impossible to get a remote user onto the Pyra. It might still be possible to get a logon if you connect a USB cable to the USB micro port above the big USB-A port and to a second computer, although I'm not sure what you'd need to enter into putty to make it actually connect. I've more experience setting up sshd to connect, but that's a fairly involved process if you want to do it securely. But if you could do that you could bring up htop even if you only get a debug terminal, which should give you live CPU activity while you play. Even though that system activity view thingy you had up has history to its graphs, it's limited in its vertical resolution and hard to line up with gameplay events.

But yeah, looking at the game it was frameskipping quite significantly. That would make it limited to playing puzzle games best for the time being I suspect.

Well; I actually play Guitar, It started because I found an old guitar on my grandparents house which I wanted to make working again: I thought just a set of strings and some new string controls (Wirbel) would work, but it’s also lacked a piece that holds the strings in place one the underside of the neck, so I bought my first not that expensive guitar, and on a Boy Scout Camp I took the Club Guitar, and try’s to play some chords I found in our Songbook, , then I had training by someone from our club, played Guitar on the Camp Fire, bought then a new and better Guitar, and also an E-Guitar and some years after this I decided to buy also an Akustik Bass,
But after some years I thought this wasn’t the best idea and traded it in for my current Electro Acoustic Western Guitar
549157c1cd063735fd2b7282e663db66.jpg

And I don’t have a Box of Nokia on my Desk, it’s a Book I use to put the Screen higher ^^

Back