My Front Light

coolgpguy

Website
Visit site
i was wondering if there are any other flu people here whoose light flickers and is not very powerful. AND dont give me any retarded "did u check your batteries" BS :blink: its just been like that ever since i got it from play-asia

yes, i have those problems, too. but they come randomly and this week, i thought my flu just died, i posted the same thread you did.
it just gone away, but i'm sure that something isn't allright....

and i dont think, its a bad cable, or something else, i checked it. i think it's the led in the flu and you can't do anything by yourself...

Check the switch, if you fiddle with it and it becomes brighter and dimmer then it might b best to mod it a little and solder a better quality flu switch on.

My first gamepark did that, i think it was all the bustling about in my pocket. All i can suggest is that you open it up and take a look to see if the switch is loose or not.

If you use a dodgy power supply (like unregulated or something) that can also cause your GP to flicker.

Edit: like a cheapo plug I got from Dixons (I wouldnt trust it with my Christmas lights let alone my GP)

nah, they should be fine... If I remember correctly, there was a recall on dodgy flus... but I think you had yours for a while... I suppose you can try emailing mashmods

Take it to a techy mate, and say "I think there's a dry joint on THIS switch - it lights up the screen like this...can you check it out?" Dry joints are easy to sort out, and may not even require more solder. It'll take him longer to open the GP than it will to actually fix the issue (bar waiting for his soldering iron to heat up :) ).

However, he may be reluctant if it means voiding your warranty.

Let me cast my vote for returning it. That's what warantees are for :)

Back