My Gp2x Getting Very Picky With Batteries

To clarify about the power supply chip a little bit. The chips do not just burn out. They can but the most common reason to blow the ltsk is to hook up a dc adapter backwards or give it too much voltage. The circuit was not designed to be very rigorous and because of that it can blow the ltsk.

NOOOO!
So it's really my GP2X that's damaged? My F200 does this now. The older F100 (MK2) still works (so far). Is that the curse they cast so you have to buy a WIZ? :p

Last edited by a moderator:
'KungPhoo' said:
NOOOO!
So it's really my GP2X that's damaged? My F200 does this now. The older F100 (MK2) still works (so far). Is that the curse they cast so you have to buy a WIZ? :p
Harsh.... :(

Hrmm......i never realized it either. I have Duracells 2650s and generally use about 2-3 diff sets on a regular basis, of which last me about a few days to a week of use or maybe ATMOST 3-5 hours depending on my overclocking uses.

But yeah, I popped in a fresh old set of 2400s the other day, and it just went straight to rainbow screen.....i figured it was the age of the 2400s.....i mean i did use them for quite a while, I just figured maybe they just don't retain the charge as they used too. Although I haven't tossed them yet.....

I will re-charge the 2400s, and test them in something else. If they work, and work well....maybe it is my gp2x trying to pull too much at a time that these 2400s can't hold anymore....

We shall see.....

DSR

Back