My Gp32 Keeps Crashing When Playing Games

g4zz4

Still Fresh
I'm totally new to the gp32 so forgive my lack of knowledge

I'm trying to play some scumm games such as indiana jones: fate of atlantis & the first 2 monkey islands, they'll play for a bit before crashing, either messing my screen up or rebooting the gp32.
I read in the helpme file that came with the emu and it said I could try the other version of scumm for slower machines if the default version is playing up

I also have open snes, which was working and is now also crashing.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong, or what I can do to make my console more stable?

I was in the same boat as you and i'm embarassed to say i think the problem is....

you just need new batteries.

I received my GP32, put a ton of emulators on it and then had a go, it kept crashing after about 15 secs. I thought i had installed it wrong . The batteries you get with it arent very good at all and have probably sat in that box for days

Try some new batteries and see if that makes a difference. My problem was that i assumed if the batteries were kapput then the device wouldnt even turn on but thats not the case.

If all the emulators etc keep stopping and going to a faded screen it sounds to me the batteries have totally died

great, I'll give it a go, i suppose that would make sense why my snes emu stops working. I've also noticed the sound drops out too. thanks

psj3809 posted on Sep 16 2004 at 10:53 AM said:
I was in the same boat as you and i'm embarassed to say i think the problem is....

you just need new batteries.

I received my GP32, put a ton of emulators on it and then had a go, it kept crashing after about 15 secs. I thought i had installed it wrong . The batteries you get with it arent very good at all and have probably sat in that box for days

Try some new batteries and see if that makes a difference. My problem was that i assumed if the batteries were kapput then the device wouldnt even turn on but thats not the case.

If all the emulators etc keep stopping and going to a faded screen it sounds to me the batteries have totally died

Last edited by a moderator:
heres what ya need to do

replace your batteries

get OSNES9x gp version

play at clock speed 133

then play for bout 15 min

then go to 166

play for 15 min

if fine at 166 then you can OC to 166, congrats!

if you cant get stable over 133 , thats just how fast ur processer is
but there is a mod you can do to gaurntee 166 if ya cant hit it

~Octavious

I got my gp32 from lik sang, I think I have osnes9x too. Sorry I'm in work now so can't double check which one I'm trying, but its one that allows clock increasing by pressing select at the very start of the emulation. The gp32's that lik sang sell are clockable to 166, and with the snes emu I used I could get it up to 166, so I'll try this in a bit

Octavious posted on Sep 16 2004 at 11:51 AM said:
heres what ya need to do

replace your batteries

get OSNES9x gp version

play at clock speed 133

then play for bout 15 min

then go to 166

play for 15 min

if fine at 166 then you can OC to 166, congrats!

if you cant get stable over 133 , thats just how fast ur processer is
but there is a mod you can do to gaurntee 166 if ya cant hit it

~Octavious

g4zz4 posted on Sep 16 2004 at 05:41 PM said:
I got my gp32 from lik sang, I think I have osnes9x too. Sorry I'm in work now so can't double check which one I'm trying, but its one that allows clock increasing by pressing select at the very start of the emulation. The gp32's that lik sang sell are clockable to 166, and with the snes emu I used I could get it up to 166, so I'll try this in a bit

Thats what they say, if youre very lucky your gp can overclock to 220mhz.
Mine overclocks only to 150mhz :(

Back