My Joystick Cracked!

Medi

Still Fresh
The little joystick cover on my GP2X (F-100, if it matters) just cracked in two. The spike underneath still functions perfectly, but trying to use it is rather agonizing. I'll be trying a "scotch tape mod" later today, but if that doesn't work, what should I do? Is this the occasion for which d-pad mods were made?

why choose this time to break your joystick cap? If you had done it last week, you would have been able to buy a new one from eBay. Great timing.

Arrgh! I just now got around to purchasing it (going on vacation in two weeks, so I wanted a working one for then,) and it's out of stock.

Does anyone know of any alternatives?

Medi said:
Arrgh! I just now got around to purchasing it (going on vacation in two weeks, so I wanted a working one for then,) and it's out of stock.

Does anyone know of any alternatives?
I took apart a PS2 controller and shaved down the shaft area to use as a replacement cap on my GP2X, and I must say it's been a wonderful replacement cap. I bought some poster tack (it's this rubbery stuff that's about as sticky as a post-it note made for hanging posters without using tape or putting holes in your wall) to fill in around the metal stick to make the PS2 cap fit snugly. It improved response and control immensely for me.

If you have a spare or broken PS2 Controller I say go for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back