My New Wiz Already Broken?

so really it's not even worth sending back, pop sd card into card reader, blah blah i have games.

well if you have a webcam and ask an experienced person what to do live im sure they could help you there

well if you have a webcam and ask an experienced person what to do live im sure they could help you there
well lets say I were to do such, where would I start and what would I be looking for, I mean the USB obviously works, do I have to take the battery off? Am I going to have to be soldering or anything?

Last edited by a moderator:
ok so I've been thinking about it, obviously the only way to access the nand is to have the USB connectivity. So I should probably just send it back to get a fully working wiz than.

could it be the USB host feature doesn't fully work? I was going to update the firmware but the directions on the site look like some pig latin language or something.

I'd like to have this working but I ordered from canada and well, shipping it back to canada is going to be pricey more than likely

[edit]
opened it up to take a peek and saw some loose silver wiring or something, go max zoom you can do to see it, put arrows on them, anyone have a working USB they can post a picture of, also is this USB specifically for the wiz or is there another cable out there that will fit it.

bfnbix.jpg

Hi Spykez,

I'm afraid I'm too late.
I believe your lead is soldered wrongly.
Nevermind about frayed wires - I believe they are just some of the earth or shielding from the black wire, quite normal, and as long as they aren't touching any of the metal of the other 3 are ok.
Got my Wiz yesterday, my USB lead didn't work. I took it apart, my red lead wasn't connected! :wub:
I soldered it, it works.
I took photos of mine to show my black wire green wire are reversed to yours.
Sorry for poor lighting. The same side as yours is showing on the first 3.
211u38.jpg

avohf5.jpg

o6zdic.jpg

2dc8m09.jpg

For any that need to take apart the USB lead at the Wiz connector end
On the opposite side to the 2 screws, close to the connector, is a clasp on each side.
Use the smallest jewel flathead screwdriver - or a blade I guess - to gently open one at a time.

Back