My Plug Is To Small, Lol

yaKC

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Got my Pandora this morning, applied hotfix 3, codecs, put an episode of Quantum Leap on and a load of albums, everything working better than expected and the hardware itself better than I could of imagined... Played around, tested PSX emulator, WOW ! just WOW !

Then I hit 6 % battery and went to charge it and the plug is tu-tu-tu-TINY ! There's the charging cable itself with two prongs which is American etc right? Then a little beige box with three prongs ala England and two on the back for the other bit to plug into, thing is that the little beige box with 3 prongs doesn't fit a UK power socket, it's about 30 % too small, what a hell is going on here, lol

Looks like I can't continue testing my unit, would appreciate any help or explanation, maybe my house and and everything else has grown? ;)

a very VERY happy Pandora owner !

That two prong connector on the charger is EU, not American. Dunno how the American version looks like maybe you got one of them?

mali said:
That two prong connector on the charger is EU, not American. Dunno how the American version looks like maybe you got one of them?
I'm not sure if it would be an American Charger, I'll illustrate why:

Code:
| |
 O

American Socket

- -
 |

UK Socket

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
that's weird then, especially as it's craig that's shipped this one to me, and I live just down the road so he knows I need a normal UK one... I'm not arsed at the moment, was thinking I wouldn't be able to use it for a few days but just remembered we have USB charging so gonna give that a go, but still very very confused...

Looks like Tower Of Babel plugs to me ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AC_power_plugs_and_sockets

mali said:
Looks like Tower Of Babel plugs to me ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AC_power_plugs_and_sockets

maili, I didn't get a USB cable, but have my GP2X oe, full USB to mini, can I use that to charge? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Just try it out, if it fits into the port it should work. You might need an USB wall charger though, not every USB port on a computer is able to supply enough current. Btw, original PSP chargers are compatible, too.

Thanks, from the link you provided looks like I have a euro charger with an American 3 pronged adapter thing, way too small for England, I'll try the USB adapter from the computer, here's hoping !

God Ginrai, thanks to your diagram I can see that the little box is indeed an American plug, with the round pin and two straight ones... I've put this back in the box and managed to charge my Pandora using a spare shaver plug as the wiki mali posted said you could do, with the cable plugged into that... happy days now :D

Back