My Wish Would Be.....

Killamurk07

Still Fresh
I would love to see Dark Reign 2 ported to Gp2x F-200..It would be nice because I play that game all the time ...But if its unable to get port to that console I would like to see it Ported to the regular MK2 Version..As I would use my USB Mouse. Anyone think this game can be Ported?

I didn't play DR2 much but know that it's completely in 3d and my old pc was really having a hard time running it.Dark Reign 1 was one of my favourite rts 's ever; I even liked it better than c&c or wc ; only second to starcraft...good old days

Coming to subject ; sadly only games with source code released can be ported ; not only that but also spec requirements make it impossible I think.

lol porting halo 3 ..but anyways That was and Idea/wish...Its not insane because I was only thinking how it would be...

Alghazanth said:
I didn't play DR2 much but know that it's completely in 3d and my old pc was really having a hard time running it.Dark Reign 1 was one of my favourite rts 's ever; I even liked it better than c&c or wc ; only second to starcraft...good old days

Coming to subject ; sadly only games with source code released can be ported ; not only that but also spec requirements make it impossible I think.
I enjoyed Dark Reign 1 too. The only problem was that I could never finish the damn game. I got to one level and no matter what I did that was no way to succeed. Ive never fully recovered from not beating it. I think it is the only game Ive ever not been bale to beat... Still gives me nightmares :)

Last edited by a moderator:
darkreign2-3.jpg

NOPE NAH NO NO NOPE

Killamurk07 said:
lol porting halo 3 ..but anyways That was and Idea/wish...Its not insane because I was only thinking how it would be...
It's not insane to think how it would be, sure, it's just insane to post that you would like it ported on this board and seemed serious about it.

Dark Reign was one of my all times favourite games. It would be my favourite (Equal with WarCraft2) RTS from the 90s simply because it brought so much to the RTS genre.

I wrote a peice about it in my blog recently and am writing an email now requesting the source. (Taking my time to make it simple and convincing.)

http://gamesreborn.blogspot.com/2007/10/da...ure-of-war.html

and I have already heard from a developer who is interested in porting Dark Reign to the GP2X handheld Linux console.

And which dev is this?

Daid said:
I'll get right on it, after porting halo 3.

Ah.

Back