My Wiz Is Making Me Berserk!

Some things that you must to know.
Most of this can apply to all open source consoles that we can see.

- The Wiz not pretends replace another commercial consoles.
- GPH is a hardware company, they not make games or emulators.
- Homebrew software are offered free and with no warranty.
- The best frame rate to play a game depends of the game.
- Some Quake mods are made for Intel architecture only.
- An emulator needs a lot more speed and resources than the emulated machine.
- Many software now are the first versions for Wiz, and will be improved.
- Making a homebrew 3D game is very difficult, takes many time and resources.
- Everyone can learn programming and make/fix the applications.
- Wiz is compatible with GP2X software made with the *official SDK*.
- To use the terminal you must to know Linux commands.

Its a case of reality falling short of expectations. It's more powerful than a PSP, so where are the PSP killing games?

There will be more than a few chumps expecting commercial quality 3D games on Pandora based on it's tech' specs alone.

arrrgh said:
Hey Nixot... Are you the same Nixot from the Doomworld forums?

Are you the same arrrgh from the Doomworld forums?

Last edited by a moderator:
Exophase said:
Sphinxter said:
C'mon, the guy was obviously being hysterical, how could I not be sarcastic.

I dunno, with a high percentage of your posts being anti-Wiz/anti-GPH it's a little hard to tell? That and praising his honesty doesn't exactly sound sarcastic..
Granted I'm a tad critical of GPH's management of their platforms but you don't even see me posting in the, 'Wiz Is Doomed', thread. I mean really.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. However, Nixot seems to be just venting frustration for a homebrew handheld console that he obviously didn't research very well. If he did he would've known what he was buying and we wouldn't have this senseless post.

geise69 said:
Everyone is entitled to an opinion. However, Nixot seems to be just venting frustration for a homebrew handheld console that he obviously didn't research very well. If he did he would've known what he was buying and we wouldn't have this senseless post.

He's also making quick generalizations, grossly exaggerating or improperly guessing several things, making ignorant/irrational assumptions (like not being able to emulate something fullspeed means you must be slower than that something) and is being pretty rude to the developers of the programs he's so quickly writing off.

DurTahar said:
This is the first time I've EVER heard "more powerful than the PSP". Sure this guy didn't just make that up?

I guess he just looked at the mhz. 533 > 333... yea... well, it doesn't work that way. ;)

Exophase said:
geise69 said:

He's also making quick generalizations, grossly exaggerating or improperly guessing several things, making ignorant/irrational assumptions (like not being able to emulate something fullspeed means you must be slower than that something) and is being pretty rude to the developers of the programs he's so quickly writing off.
I was looking at some of his posts last night and he seems to say things like:
Game X doesn't work 100% right, 100% of the time, therefor emulator y sucks.
Just because a couple of games don't work on a certain emulator doesn't mean that emulator sucks. He is making really broad statements and has unrealistic expectations. He asked in early august a bunch of questions and I think he got pretty honest answers. As for commercial games, I think anyone should have known there won't be many if any.

Exophase said:
geise69 said:

Yeah after just looking at his post I kind of didn't read all of it. :unsure: I just got a gist of what he was rambling about from what everyone else was saying. Anywho it's just another person that bought the Wiz without really knowing much about it. Heaven forbid if he bought a Dingoo. :eek: Well maybe he'll hate the wiz enough to not post here anymore.

My only complain concerning the Wiz is that it's over 4 months and it still doesn't have a windows devkit. Linux and MacOS but no Windows. Is it that nobody cares? I know there is a way to compile from gp2x devkit but the last time I tried (probably not hard enough) I didn't managed to do it and left it. Now I have installed a Linux just for that. Finally a reason for me to have installed linux though :p

I'm pretty sure you could have used Cygwin inside of Windows instead of installing full-fledged Linux.

But to be honest I prefer to use the real thing :)

Back