Myriad Beta 5.0

WarmFluffyUK

The Big Wad Bolf.
Website
www.retrotech.one
Myriad has had another little update, I spent a few hours over my holiday working on the music for the game, and it's completely changed the mood :)

Myriad_4.0.gif
Space.gif

Myriad Beta 5.0
Also I have changed the bombs, instead of one on screen at anytime, the dropping bombs are now on a timer. This has the effect of stopping you from demolishing a whole city block in one second flat.
The aliens now move slower. They also fire slower buy they are still very accurate, but I'm going to introduce a random element into their firing. All in all the game is more playable.

The next thing to be done will be to update the side scrolling screen:
1. Asteroids are all big to begin with and can be shot to be broken down into smaller asteroids.
2. The smaller the asteroid, the less damage to your saucer.
3. On the space screen, Your saucer will only shoot to the right, making aiming easier.

Hope you enjoy :)

This is coming along nicely. But I seem to find myself not using the cross hairs. I don't think I have to skill to do so. I find myself taking my ship up and over the enemy and bombing them. My thumbs end up all over the place trying to use the cross hairs. :blink: But that is just me, as I've mentioned before, I am not that great at playing some games. Maybe if I work at it things will improve. Amazing how much the music adds to it.

darkman posted on Sep 19 2006 at 09:24 AM said:
This is coming along nicely. But I seem to find myself not using the cross hairs. I don't think I have to skill to do so. I find myself taking my ship up and over the enemy and bombing them. My thumbs end up all over the place trying to use the cross hairs. :blink: But that is just me, as I've mentioned before, I am not that great at playing some games. Maybe if I work at it things will improve. Amazing how much the music adds to it.
Well I guess if that works for you then hooray :). You may find you need to shoot them in later rounds though.

I have just changed the space section so the UFO only fires to the right and can break up the rocks. All Rocks start out large and have 3 sizes. The smallest size doesn't hurt you as they are considered rubble. You can use two tactics, simply avoid the rocks, or you can break em up and rack up some score but with the risk of being hit by medium sized rocks. This level is turning out to be a cross between Scramble and Asteroids :D

I haven't uploaded the new version yet because I want to add Quiest's idea of two short cut scenes which he wrote himself. I have to incorporate that into the main game and add some sound effects to them. Also I want to write the music for the space section before the next release. I'm hoping for the music to be very spacious and fast paced. Sort of like "You're on your own, but in a hurry" :D.

I have also increased the drop rate of the missiles as I had feedback saying they were too slow. It's amazing what every little tweak and addition does for the whole game. I could never have imagined this would be the result of my first venture into learning Fenix, it's a great language!

Last edited by a moderator:
Quiest posted on Sep 19 2006 at 03:36 PM said:
:)

Were you able to change the cutscenes to your likings?
Yep, I have rendered all the planets and two alternate star backdrops. The cut scenes have been tweaked a little, oh and I have removed the pixel star routines, I found they we're not really necessary after all.

I think I will change some of the timings here and there, but they are in essence what you created. When I have added the UFO flying through space and the planet explode audio, it will work quite well :). The cut scenes are also great places to fade out the background music ready for the change in mood :).

Thanks again, I won't do anything tonight as I promised Phil I would cook dinner and have a night curled up on the sofa with him. So I will probably catch you on MSN tomorrow night if you're around.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pungsatony Phil? Groundhog Day? I hope it rings any bells...
Didn`t want to attack you (or you boyfriend) ;)

Back