N64 (Can I play Doom 64 and Quake 64 on Pandora yet?)

martman

Still Fresh
Are there any working N64 EMUs for Pandora yet? Are (is) they (it) capable of playing Doom 64 and / or Quake 64?

:huh:

I think the levels are completly different and made especially for the N64, please correct me if I am wrong.... Am I right in saying that Doom64 has a different weapon?

Are there any working N64 EMUs for Pandora yet? Are (is) they (it) capable of playing Doom 64 and / or Quake 64?

:huh:

If I remember correctly, enough google searching and you'll find that there are some Doom64 Total Conversion WAD files you can get and use with DOOM II (so if/when prboom or somethin gets ported, or is usable with ginge, you could play it there.)

I don't remember Quake 64 being any different, though...

EDIT: Actually, I think some levels from quake were actually MISSING in the N64 version of the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wouldn't they need Hi-res graphic packs installing too or wasn't there much change in the quality of the graphics?

For quake? Quake was more or less the same as it was on PC.

Not sure about DOOM64 or the total conversions for doom II that have been made.

DOOM 64 was a system specific game with its own weapons and levels. it has nintendo licensing issues so it has never been released on any thing else. its long and puzzle oriented, has that classic doom feeling, looks better and plays smoother than the other older doom games, and is very challenging. any doom fan that hasnt played it is missing out

Just tried them both. As per the entry on the compatibility spreadsheet, Doom crashes after the first splash screen. Quake is better though; despite some glitchy display issues in the menus, and some grphical glitches in gameplay, it runs quite well with good sound.

Of course you'll get much better performance out of any of the native Quake ports.

I'm pretty sure the Doom 64 TC uses features exclusive to ZDoom ports, so it will not run on PrBoom. Quake 64 is identical to the PC version, so you could just play that.

Back