N64 For Android

I too would love to see Ari credited. Whoever can (I don't fully understand the license), please contact Yonghz politely.

Hopefully Yonghz simply assumed that Ari's work was officially part of the Mupen project and he intended to release the code of it later. I'd like to think that this was a misunderstanding, rather than malicious license violation.

fearofshorts said:
Hopefully Yonghz simply assumed that Ari's work was officially part of the Mupen project and he intended to release the code of it later. I'd like to think that this was a misunderstanding, rather than malicious license violation.
He removed all references to mupen64plus too. He is not acknowledging any of the developers.

Several people have asked him for the source code and he hasn't responded. This isn't some minor misunderstanding.

Last edited by a moderator:
sebt3 said:
A copyright violation take-down notice send to google should do the trick imho
Since he seems to have been asked for sources already this is probably the only thing that can be done. Though it probably has to come from one of the "original creators" meaning eg from Ari64 or Adventus or someone from the Mupen64 team.

I wonder why he wouldn't just credit people? For what it's worth, N64oid works better than Mupen64plus does. Zelda is running and he is updating like crazy to people citing bugs.

However, he really should credit everyone involved. I've emailed him a few times and he always gets back to me, so I will reach out to him again. Also, fwiw, he made mention that he is working on a Saturn emulator for Android as well. Hopefully that comes true.

Phawx said:
I wonder why he wouldn't just credit people?
Because then he would have to admit to violating GPL.

Phawx said:
Also, fwiw, he made mention that he is working on a Saturn emulator for Android as well. Hopefully that comes true.
I wonder where he's planning to steal that from.

Any update yet? Anyone received a response from him?
If this is malicious, I'd like it if the program could be taken down quickly, so that he does not profit too much off of a GPL violation.

Neko said:
Phawx said:
Also, fwiw, he made mention that he is working on a Saturn emulator for Android as well. Hopefully that comes true.
I wonder where he's planning to steal that from.
What ever he bases it on it will be unplayable and more of a tech feat than anything. If he decides to charge for it the lad would need to get himself a Dick Turpin mask.

Several people are reporting that this is no longer available. Did google actually ban yongzh or is it just a glitch?

Ari64 said:
Several people are reporting that this is no longer available. Did google actually ban yongzh or is it just a glitch?

Don't think they banned him, but I don't see N64oid between his emulators: https://market.android.com/search?q=+yongzh+

Gruso said:
This direct link worked last night, not now:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.androidemu.n64&feature=search_result
Looks like Google actually pulled it.

marovada said:
What on earth is this?
N64 Roms app
More crap that Google needs to remove.

@Ari64 and others involved with n64 emu for ARM

Do you guys plan on releasing an Android version. Obviously there is a market for it and the Xperia Play is coming out next week. More Android gaming phones will be coming out and I'd gladly buy your version on Android.

People tell me that it does compile and run on Android. AFAIK, the only things yongzh added was touchscreen input and a java frontend.

Back