N64

fishybawb

Hired Geek
Website
Visit site
I picked up a cheap N64 off the 'bay recently and it came with Mario Kart 64, WWF No Mercy and South Park. Mario Kart's OK (not as good as the SNES version though), No Mercy is vaguely entertaining, and South Park is utter shit, apart from Cartman screaming abuse at turkeys.

So, what should I look out for? I've got Mario 64 and a Zelda game (or both(?) of them) in mind already, so feel free to miss them out.

Thanks!

F-Zero X is probably the only game i can recommend as its the only game i`ve played on the n64, But it`s a great game and on par with the snes version of the game. A real adrenaline rush.

Trooper

iignotus posted on Apr 9 2006 at 01:14 PM said:
Superman 64 and Castlevania 64.
Come on, don't be mean. :) Zelda64, or any game with Mario in it meant quality game back than such as Mario Tennis, Mario Kart 64 and Mario Golf.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure I'll miss some, but...

Donkey Kong 64
Rocket Robot on Wheels (first game from the makers of Sly Cooper--very underrated)
San Francisco Rush series
Beetle Adventure Racing
Excitebike 64
Super Smash Brothers
Zelda series (obviously)
Mario 64 (ditto)
Pokemon Snap
Kirby 64
Nagano Winter Olympics
Yoshi's Story
F-Zero
Banjo-Kazooie & Tooie
Wave Race 64
Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire

Star Fox
Perfect Dark
Golden Eye
Castlevania 64
Smash bro's
Conker ( it is very funny)

Thats about all i can think of, I have Turok 2 as well, but its not that great, and South Park Rally is pretty fun as well.

A few that no one mentioned ...

Blast Corps - Wonderful destructive mayhem from rare

Pilot Wings 64 - This one consumed me trying to get perfect 100% on everything. Never happened because the photo missions were so hard. Awesome game though.

Doom 64 - Fantastic port of Doom. New levels and a new weapon made this the must own port back in the day.

Mischief Makers - From Treasure, enough said.

Jet Force Gemini - Underrated game from rare

Robotron - I love this one. The two controller setup is the only way to play this awesome game. The techno soundtrack will leave your head spinning.

Tetrisphere - Highly addictive, great music. Let me know if you complete all the puzzle missions.

Edit:

Thinking about this further, I can't belive I forgot Space Station Silicon Valley. This one rates in my all time greatest list for ANY console. Imagine Paradroid with robotic animals in a 3D environment. If you do manage to track this one down make sure you have the 2mb graphics pack (original). There seem to be a bug in the cart that won't let you play it with the updated graphics expansion pack in. Worth the effort.

It seems like now is the perfect time to buy N64 games. Most are very cheap, and readily available. I remember Super Nintendo games were this cheap, but lately they have been rising sharply in price :(

My personal pick of the bunch of games I have...

F-Zero X
Turok 2: Seeds of Evil (drilling dinosaur's brains out with the celebal bore... :D )
Mario Kart 64
Zelda: OoT
Banjo Kazooie/Donkey Kong 64 - they're kinda the same but with different worlds/characters
Pilotwings 64... if you're skillful enough... HARD!
Perfect Dark

grahf posted on Apr 10 2006 at 05:34 PM said:
It seems like now is the perfect time to buy N64 games. Most are very cheap, and readily available. I remember Super Nintendo games were this cheap, but lately they have been rising sharply in price :(

SNES games are still going *reasonably* cheaply here (except the obvious rare stuff), but I definitely see an upward trend :( Just picked up Goldeneye for £2!

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, I'll get game hunting!

Last edited by a moderator:
Most used game shops here are still selling N64 games at a fairly high price. $20-40 is not unusual. Someone should tell them that the N64 is 10 years old, for fuck's sake.

hahaha ice scrapers and the console itself makes for a really good doorstopper... unless you bricked your gp2x cause that looks way nicer as a doorstop.

Back