Nanox / Microwindows Release A Little Update

ingeras posted on Oct 13 2004 at 08:10 AM said:
we are working on a faster browser ...
for freeciv we can use some swap too
for nxdoom, the answer is no (unless without swap, and with swap it will be slow)

we have to optimise things
right now, with nxterm open
i have 300KB free ram .... :(

Great news if FreeCiv isn't a so crazy idea ;) the Zaurus FreeCiv is here : http://www.robfisher.net/zaurus/freeciv.html :)
even if it's slow it doesn't really matter, it's a Civ ;op

Yeah I understand for NxDoom, that's nothing it was just for fun, we got Doom running fine on our GP already ;p

Wow 300Kb free only :blink: not that much :(
how can we check the memory usage??

Last edited by a moderator:
ingeras posted on Oct 13 2004 at 02:52 PM said:
open nxterm
type free

easy, isnt it ? ;)

so easy that even me can remember it lol thanks ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
>hmm perhaps a bit early wink.gif but did you thought about porting Pixil?

I was able to compile almost every pixdev app.
Pixdev is a more recent version of pixil. See http://pixdev.sourceforge.net/news.php

That means that I have nxdoom ready (check if it is somewhere in the distro, otherwise I can post the file). Last time I tried it, my gp freezed, certainly due to the too big amount of ram required...

>View-ML looks so good. is it that hard to port?
Humm... I have it compiled, but it segfaults... It's hard to find why

About the clock speed, GPLinux runs @ 133Mhz
If it not that easy to overclock, because GPLinux sets the CPU parameters by itself after being launched by the bootloader
It is certainely doable, I have to check this with Toholl since I don't know to do it myself...

As alwys we need help please, so for those of you who know Linux well, please help us!
See you

How do I compile some of those programs on Windoze? Anyone know of some utility to do this? Or should I just get a small Linux distro and install it? I am a bit restricted on space...using a 20GB hd while my 120GB is on its way here :D

Back