Nd Anyone?

I'm pretty sure Bob is completely insane. Not the way Craig is insane and saw things through despite the difficulties, I mean in the "snap my fingers and fairies will solve all the problems if I just believe hard enough" kind of way. From what I can tell he had a great game just as the indie market was really starting to take off. He could have made a lot of money if he'd just released his Gor danged game! If he ever does get an nD built at the cost he is looking for, there's no way he'll get it sold in stores the way he needs it to: it'll be internet sales just like everything else.
Considering the complete lack of movement in the last 6 months, from a person who complained about transparency especially, I think it's safe to say that the nD is not going to see the light of day.

WizardStan said:
I'm pretty sure Bob is completely insane. Not the way Craig is insane and saw things through despite the difficulties, I mean in the "snap my fingers and fairies will solve all the problems if I just believe hard enough" kind of way. From what I can tell he had a great game just as the indie market was really starting to take off. He could have made a lot of money if he'd just released his Gor danged game! If he ever does get an nD built at the cost he is looking for, there's no way he'll get it sold in stores the way he needs it to: it'll be internet sales just like everything else.
Considering the complete lack of movement in the last 6 months, from a person who complained about transparency especially, I think it's safe to say that the nD is not going to see the light of day.
Yeah, I thought it was a crazy idea from the get-go. And any kid walking in to Best Buy isn't going to want the cheap handheld no ones heard of, they're going to beg their parents for a Vita or a 3DS. The entire market that he is/was trying to market is online.
But who knows, crazier things have happened.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Pi has so much government and corporate backing there is absolutely no comparison to be drawn.

The ND is a good idea, so is NOTESLATE.

Anyone can come up with excellent ideas and I have seen many, the point is to get it DONE.
I don´t see ND getting done at all.

And if it gets there, it will have to deal with tons of techs already sprouting, like the china/korean android consoles based on the android store.
So by the time it boot (which I doubt), the android ones will be on the second or third generation and the android market is unbeatable when it comes to average users. Specs on the android consoles are higher too, not to mention the screen size.

Lately, the ND forum has gone quite.
I think we can add this mumble jumble with the already plenty of ideas-never-achieved coffin.

It is a GREAT idea, but undone leads to nothing. Wind takes away all words...

Back