Founder of Pirate Games - Penjin Coder
Staff member
Website
pokeparadox.itch.io
WEBSITE
https://github.com/pokeparadox
YOUTUBE
pokeparadox
Ok, been meaning to post about this for a while, but only just got around to it. I have an NDS, and walking home in the rain did bad things to it in the bottom of my bag... let's just say it decided to take swimming lessons down there.

Anyway I dried it out and it is mostly working. The main problem is the top screen is saturated and flickery.

I remember that in the GBA you could tweak a screw that changed the LCD timings to tweak the "brightness" and this looks like the same thing if you tweak the GBA too much.

What I want to know is; Is there a similar screw I can tweak to get my top screen displaying as normal, or otherwise what could be wrong to cause this washed out display?

Well, I don't know anything about tweaking screws, but I would wait a while to see if it fixes itself. My ipod had an encounter with the washing machine, a few months ago. The screen was messed up for about a week, but then it got better and works fine now.

there is no no way to adjust the top screen. I have taken my NDS apart ant there are only ribbon cables attached to the screen. I would just wait it out, unless you have a warranty.

Back