Nearly New Unit, No Input From Buttons/joystick. | Gp2X F100[B] Fw3.0.

Asuraku

Still Fresh
As my first post, I'd like to say hello to the community. Hello!

Here we go... I bought a GP2X F100 with FW3.0.0 from a friend who was moving and wanted to downsize his collection of electronics. He had booted it up and showed me some of the built-in titles and I knew from shopping around what it could run a emulator-wise, so it was an easy sale for him. He had restored it to factory settings (reflashed 3.0.0 I guess) because he was going to ebay it. It was nearly new, worked fine, and I played the built in games for awhile before I decided to start putting applications, games, etc on it. At first I had trouble with the SD card, but I fixed that after realizing the cheap SD card I got was actually SDHC. So now I have a Fujifilm 2GB SD, and I set up the directories as suggested by the v2.10 user manual thats out there, and based of of the tutorials page at wiki.gp2x.org. It wouldn't read the SD card still, so I tried formatting it on various OS, and readers. I think it's readable, but Im not sure. Between receiving the freshly flashed, and still working unit, and myself trying format an SD card (I inserted it and removed it probably 20 or so times before this happened) the menu starts up fine, but the joystick and the buttons do nothing. I removed the SD, I tried new batteries, everything I could think of. I can not telnet/SSH to it, though my Mac did read it as a network device at one point. I can't plug it in and read the card or the NAND anymore via USB. And I know it's not bricked because the little tilty/rotating icon animation still functions after boot. It's like the buttons don't exist. I popped it open (not knowing how it was built) thinking that a ribbon cable or a connector for something was loose, but seeing how it's one whole board with trace and landing contacts, I'm pretty sure this problem is software based.

Here's what I want to find out:

• How do I fix this in general?
• Is there a was to reset the system without flashing it?
• How do I flash/reflash/downgrade it without working inputs?

Thank you for any help you can provide. I have access to any OS I may need to get this to work again, and I have (limited) tools to fix anything that may be hardware. I.e. Solding iron, fine screw driver set, pliers, etc.

Anyone in the market for a messed-up gp2x? I still cant get it to work. Yeah I know this should have gone in the help section, but no one looks on this board anyways :D

Yeah, lonely you aren't, but nevertheless I have no idea about your problem.

But I can give you a clue:
Join in the efnet-IRC-Server (e.g. irc.efnet.nl ) the channel #gp2xdev and try to ask EvilDragon. Or write him a PN in this Forum. He has a lot knowledge about fixing gp2x stuff.
For German guys he still fix gp2x devices, too. But I don't know, where you are from and whether a repair of ED is an option. ;-)

greetings, Ziz

Back