Need...cash...

whitestripes44

Still Fresh
Hey everyone!

Well, to make a long story short (I typed out a huge post and accidentally exited my IE window! :blink:) this is a cool forum, I'm gonna get a GP32, and I need cash. All I have is $15 and whatever I get from selling my dreamcast. What should I do??

I'm 14 and the school year's starting up again, so I don't have the time to get a regular job like a cashier or grocery boy or whatever. I'm interested in doing something online, but I don't quite know what. I've been looking into Ebay ticket scalping, which is surprisingly profitable and easy (if you can get the tickets), but I'm still feel as if it's a risky endeavor. There's also beta testing, but my PC's crap, plus it sounds pretty boring. I'm good at Dreamweaver so I could do web design, but who would hire a random teenager to make his site? I also have been thinking about doing some writing, which I am pretty talented at.

In addition to these specific possibilites, I'm willing to do ANYTHING just to get some cash. Perferably something steady and well paying, but whatever.

Thanks for reading,
Milo

hi milo,

hope this doesn't come across too patronizing, it's my personal opinion after all.

there are a lot of sites on the internet offering ways to make money, but they usually just trie to pull a fast one on you or it's simply illegal. a job means you donig work for someone else and getting money from this someone based on some kind of an agreement. i'd not have an agreement with someone i never met.
the only realistic way to make money on the interent is selling stuff like on ebay but this is risky as well. (i'm not talking about e-business, thats something for real companies with real customers and real lawyers)
i'd stick to mowing lawns and stuff. if you are good and have something to show you could do a little web-coding for the hardware-shop around the corner, but i'd not expect too much.
nonetheless i hope you'll find a way of earning money for the gp, it's a kick-ass-machine.

cheers,
qgi

I wouldnt sell your DC mate.

1) You will get bugger all for it I can pick up a se ond hand DC for ~ £20 ($30)
2) Games for it are about £3-£5/$5-$8 and its still a very good system with very good games.

So you would be basicly selling a system that has great gfx, great games, cheapest games around and getting very little mony for it. As much as I love my GP i play my DC more and the games are soooooo cheap.

Tell your parents that you want a GP and are going to try and work towards it. Tell them to ask thier friends if they have cars/windows/driveways/greenhouses that need cleaning or lawns that need mowing. You could make more cleaning cars in one afternoon than you would get for your Dreamcast. Also your parents might give you a little on the side as a reward for showing some initative.... I know my dad would do any thing to get me to motivate my lazy arse at that age.

But trust me, in 4 years time youl be sitting around drinking with your mates thinking "Damn i sold my DC..... Soul Caliber and 2 fishing rod controllers would be mad fun right now"

Hmm... prostitution eh?

haha nah i think I like you're odd-jobs idea JDUK. and guess what?? I just got a $50 Amazon.com gift certificate t I can sell to my brother, and I found another $30! This might not be so impossible after all...

Back