Need Help: Duke2x Ep. 2 Level 9, Kill Overlord, Crash!

Shrapnel

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
hi,

My duke2x worked fine all the way till when I killed the Overlord (Ep 2 level 9). Duke mumbles a bit, and the screen went totally black.

I had no problem with playing and saving all the way till this point.

Did anyone else has this problem?

if i remember right there starts a video at this point, could be that the gp2x port doesnt handle that.

Shrapnel said:
hi,

My duke2x worked fine all the way till when I killed the Overlord (Ep 2 level 9). Duke mumbles a bit, and the screen went totally black.

I had no problem with playing and saving all the way till this point.

Did anyone else has this problem?

not related to your question sorry but can i ask how you save game controls in duke2X?

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Vimacs said:
if i remember right there starts a video at this point, could be that the gp2x port doesnt handle that.
yea.. video of duke in awe of how he destroyed overlord..

so there is no way i can advance to 2-10.

peelie: after changing the controls play and save the game. I think the changed controls setting would also be saved.

woogal said:
Email me a save from just before the point where it stops working and I'll see if I can spot what's going on.
Hi woogal,

I sent you an email with two save states, one before and one after overlord was killed.

thanks.

I've just fixed this. As Vimacs guessed, the problem was due to videos not playing, and I finally found the fix in Metaview's zodiac port. This also means that episode 4 should now start for everyone. I'll put out a release later today.

woogal said:
I've just fixed this. As Vimacs guessed, the problem was due to videos not playing, and I finally found the fix in Metaview's zodiac port. This also means that episode 4 should now start for everyone. I'll put out a release later today.
This is great! Thanks woogal! I will load the new version of duke2x when I get back my gp2x sunfay :D!! Thanks again!!

Back