need help getting apps to work

m3t4llord

Still Fresh
Hello,

I have just got my pandora and got it set up and it wont find any of the apps. I have tried to install the apps using PNDstore (it says I have downloaded and installed it) and using a computer and putting them onto an SD card, but wont work I made all of the folders within the SD card and put them into the folders before I started as I read the user guide. I really don't know what to do any help?

Could you upload a screenshot (or picture) showing the contents of the SD card? Perhaps you accidentally used "Pandora" instead of "pandora" as the directory name, or something like that.

That should not matter, but yes, a screenshot of the directorystructure would be good.

Also, where doesn't it find them? Aren't they in the xfce menu or are they not in minimenu or both?

Is the sdcard recognised by your Pandora at all (does it have an icon on the desktop)?

Last edited by a moderator:
I imagine that if the SD card has a filesystem like ext2 on it, then the case does matter, no?

the file system is fat32, the directory name is pandora spelt right and evrything i can view the contents of the SD card and can edit it but the apps wont work on eather

i am having trouble uploading a picture so i cant upload one at the moment

Last edited by a moderator:
Very strange, tried both sdslots?

Can you run them from terminal?

pnd_run /media/sdcardname/pandora/menu/appname.pnd

i used both SD card slots and tried to run a app from the terminal both didn't work. i might try a different SD card if i can find one

What is the complete path to your pnds?

Starting from /

/media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/mmenu/appname

i have tried putting it in /menu as well as just /mmenu

If you cannot get it to work at all, you could try to reflash, maybe something is mesed up on the nand, so the the desktopfiles can't be created or something...

Fresh start: on your SD create a pandora folder.

In this pandora folder, create a menu folder.

Plug the net on your Pandora. Insert your card. In the Xfce menu, you have pndstore: run it.

Update list, then install something that show in the menu like picodrive or panmame.

i have fixed it now i just made a new tab in the mini menu that shows the contents of the SD card and for some reason they run from there but still wont run from the desktop

thanks for the help anyway.

If you're putting all your apps into a directory called mmenu, I don't think they appear in xfce at all, that directory is only scanned by Minimenu.(I think)

(null)

Back