[SOLVED] Browsing SD card via GUI

Donna

Still Fresh
I created folders on my SD card (pandora/apps, pandora/menu, pandora/desktop, pandora/appdata). Programs install fine with no problem. The odd thing is if I try to browse the directories via the GUI I can't get past the pandora folder. I can't click into apps, menu or the other folders. I can browse through them fine using the terminal. I only use this feature to delete something, so it isn't really a problem, just a curiosity.

Is this a known issue?

Right now I am using Sandisk Extreme 16 GB. I also tried on an older Sandisk 4GB and an old PNY 1GB with the same results. On 2 of the cards I reformatted using SD Formatter. On the new card i just used it right out of the box (FAT32). My Pandora is the 1.5 Super Zaxxon firmware/Beta 1.1 (just received a couple of weeks ago).

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure if it's a known issue, but I've always had this issue with Thunar, it's not exclusive Pandora issue, I first seen it with Angstrom on the Beagleboard.. I've played with a wide variety of SD cards from 2Gig to 16Gig and seen the behaviour in all my cards.. I can't see a pattern to the bug, but it always involves when going into multiple sub directories..

I use the terminal most of the time for copying,deleting and such, so it's never been an big issue for me.

Are you using list or icon display in Thunar? I'm vaguely recalling something about a bug with list mode, that I've never encountered because I don't use it. Could it possibly be that?

That's it.. it works fine in Icon mode... shame I've always liked list mode...

Prometheus - good call! I had it in list mode. Switching to icon mode lets me see all sub folders.

TrashyMG thanks for your response too. I was starting to think I had a bunch of bad SD cards - your post alleviated my fears! I've been using terminal for a lot of stuff, but was starting to get worried my cards were bad or the Pandora was creating corruption or something when writing to the cards.

These forums have been a great help. Thanks to both of you.

That's it.. it works fine in Icon mode... shame I've always liked list mode...

With some determination you can still use list mode.

Instead of clicking on the icon, click in the address/directory listing bar - then type in the first letter or two of the directory you want to go into - and it will autopop the rest of the name. Select it, hit enter, and you're another layer deep. Repeat as needed.

It's a known bug introduced in libgtk (I had it on my desktop :D ). Has been fixed in Thunar upstream.

https://bugzilla.xfc...bug.cgi?id=6230

https://bugzilla.gno...g.cgi?id=612802

Would it be possible to get a fixed version of Thunar included in our Hotfix stream?

Back