Need Help Getting Started

BenRoshi

Okay, I've been trying to start developing for the GP2X. I've been following this tutorial:
http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/Using_Devcpp

I had gotten to the end of the tutorial with everything working great, until I compiled the test program, and ran into errors saying things like...
SDL.h no such file or directory
SDL_ttf.h:No such file or directory
etc etc, for all the headers except sdltest.h

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Are the SDL header files available to your compiler? They should be in one of the compiler's "include" directories somewhere. Sometimes there's in an SDL subfolder which can cause problems.
If you can't find SDL.h anywhere on your drive then you'll need to install SDL objects for your compiler.

Okay, I went to SDL's official site, checked out how they said how to set up SDL, did that, and those problems were fixed (I wonder why the tutorial didn't cover this part though). Thanks for your help!

However, I'm still getting errors, though of a different variety. Stuff like:
'BACK_LIGHT_OFF' was not declared in this scope

and

'SDL_SYS_JoystickGp2xSys' was not declared in this scope

Can you help me sort through those?

Does that mean I messed up the step where I install Guyfawkes' precompiled libs?

BenRoshi posted on Feb 7 2007 at 01:05 AM said:
Does that mean I messed up the step where I install Guyfawkes' precompiled libs?

No that sounds good, just make sure everything is installed in to the correct directories.

Last edited by a moderator:
The test program may be looking in the wrong directory for the SDL files.

eg

#include <SDL.h>

might need to be

#include <SDL/SDL.h>

or visa versa.

BenRoshi posted on Feb 4 2007 at 12:24 AM said:
Okay, I went to SDL's official site, checked out how they said how to set up SDL, did that, and those problems were fixed (I wonder why the tutorial didn't cover this part though). Thanks for your help!

However, I'm still getting errors, though of a different variety. Stuff like:
'BACK_LIGHT_OFF' was not declared in this scope

and

'SDL_SYS_JoystickGp2xSys' was not declared in this scope

Can you help me sort through those?

those just sound like names of constants, no? did you try just removing the related code and seeing if it compiles? sorry if that's not much help. are you trying to compile something of your own or one of the tutorial programs? i was able to get the one that loads an image (from the gp2x wiki) without too much trouble. hang in there :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back