Need Help Looking For Scummvm Roms

sliteist

Website
www.myspace.com
i try so much.... spent hours looking....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh anyone give me a link for some good scummvm roms please.. i can only fined demos and such i use all the P2P's no help there.
meany thanks for any help..

also ive never used MAME... would be creatfull for a lil list of the big and beautifull games on it.... i like R.P.G Run&Jump F.P.S P&C and B.U's the best games in those genres would be lovely........... thanks (^L_^)

Take data files from the copies of the games that you own. It's against forum rules to ask where to download roms - that sort of thing could cause problems for the people who run the forum, so please don't ask.

If you're looking to acquire the games, you can get a surprising number of them from Amazon.com, just do a search for 'lucasarts'. This should give a nice long list of various classic collections, many of which contain nothing but scummvm compatible games. Additionally, classics like Monkey Island and Full Throttle are there for < $10.

Scummvm doesnt use roms, it needs the original games files. If you have an old Monkey Island (pc) disk for instance you'd just copy the files off it and stick them in a folder on your SD card then use scummvm to look in that folder and start up the game. Same applies for all the adventure games Scummvm supports.

As far as mame is concerned, i recommend double dragon, rastan, strider, jackal, final fight and new zealand story, theres tons of others though, those are just some of my faves

sliteist posted on Dec 29 2005 at 05:24 PM said:
i try so much.... spent hours looking....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh anyone give me a link for some good scummvm roms please.. i can only fined demos and such i use all the P2P's no help there.
meany thanks for any help..

also ive never used MAME... would be creatfull for a lil list of the big and beautifull games on it.... i like R.P.G Run&Jump F.P.S P&C and B.U's the best games in those genres would be lovely........... thanks (^L_^)

Have a look at the readme files in the zip archive and gamelist.txt

regards,
Ian

Last edited by a moderator:
PErhaps I'm in a flamey mood today, but.. don't be lazy ;)

Theres a lot of MAME sites out there, and many of them list the games by company, genre, size, etc etc, with screenshots; further, for locating 'roms' for ScummVM.. you evidently did not check the p2p sites. I just checked a couple common ones, and the entire set is available. I'm not going to point you that way since its not how things are done here..

But don't be lazy :)

jeff

yaustar posted on Dec 29 2005 at 08:21 PM said:
What everyone has said before and: http://www.scummvm.org/downloads.php#extras

Yep, best way to get 2 totally free games (and there both DAMM good).

As for the Warez requests, not on this forum thanks :) and please sliteist, searching for ScummVM ‘ROMS’ is not going to help, ScummVM uses the games original data files.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back