GP2X Need Help To Set Up Sdl In Dev-c++

Website
www.digitalawakening.net
I tried to follow Sol's tutorial but things didn't work the same when I tried to install it myself. Seems some things have changed since the tutorial was written. So, if anyone could give me like a step by step guide I would be verry happy. I wanna make a test to see if I can port my mobile game Goo Lab to GP2X.

Here's a shot of the game see more on my website:
gl6.jpg

I should have mentioned that I got WebUpdate Mirrors list installed and then I found SDL (not SDL DevPack) from devpacs.org and installed it. With some effort I found the files specified in the tutorial that should be added to the linker, but the names where a bit different.

I don't seem to be able to find an SDL directory similar to what was mentioned in the tutorial and I can't get the first example to compile. Got a linker error.

Are you talking about this step?

"Go to project options (project>project options). There, go to the 'parameters' tab. In the tab, add "-lmingw32 -lSDLmain -lSDL" to the linker options (without the quotes), like this:"

If so then they may seem to be named differently but the -l in front of the tells the (GCC) compiler to link these libraries to the program, it's not actually part of the filename.

eg -lmingw32 means link the library mingw32 to the program.

edit: http://www.dreams-in-motion.com/forum/view...748a8898f6cd236

Ah, it's possible to write in that window, I didn't know.

Yeah, that's me posting in that forum a long time ago. I made Goo Lab in Omega Basic but nobody have heard anything from the devloper since early June and no word from DIM for like 2 months I think. Seems like OB died for some reason. Oh, and Goo Lab is 99% working, I get no sound when I run it on a phone.

Back