Need Rage2x 0.8.7

geise69

If anyone can help me track down a version of RAGE2x 0.8.7 I would greatly appreciate it. I need it because I want to use GNGEO2X 0.6.12. The reason is because it is the last version to do Rasters decently. I have used the regular selector, but it forces me use the uni-bios. Also I tried the newest RAGE2x but it won't work since it's looking for gngeo2x 0.7. If anyone could point me to a place that would have RAGE2x 0.8.7 I would greatly appreciate it.

EDIT: Could a mod please move this topic to "I need help" I was a dumb ass and posted it in Homebrew. Thanks

I had a very good look for a link for Rage2x 0.8.7 for you too, And yep, It`s nowhere to be found, Just vanished of the face of the earth. :blink:

Your best bet is to either PM or email JyCet (the author) and see if he can provide you with a copy.

Trooper

Hi,
Sorry I've searched on my rage2x folder and I didnt keep the history of all version. I only have RAGE2X v1.1 :s
I'm not aware that RAGE2X v1.1 doesnt work with previous version of gngeo2x :(

JyCet said:
Hi,
Sorry I've searched on my rage2x folder and I didnt keep the history of all version. I only have RAGE2X v1.1 :s
Well I haven't been able to get it to work. For some reason it keeps showing the bios files in red and says that they don't exist in the folder. So I go back and make sure they're there. I even took the config file into programmer's notepad and made sure the roms folder was looking in that directory. I even disabled settings that were not in gngeo2x 0.6.12. Well thank you both for the quick replies. If I can get anything to work I'll post back. Thanks again.

Last edited by a moderator:
virusx said:
I have uploaded it for you HERE.

You guys freaking rock! Thank you Imhotep and Virusx for the uploads. Thanks also Trooper and Jycet for helping me search. I really appreciate it! :)
I wonder if we should put these in the GP2X downloads section in case someone else wants to use them with an older version of gngeo2x? Can anyone upload to the Downloads section?

I have done the same (uploading) with an old version of caprice, but the problem is that you never know if the author wants to have it online, because of a bug or to not freak out the newbees.

Perhaps do an "Archive of the archive"? with all tracked versions.
I'll contribute with what I have :)

geise69 said:
JyCet said:
Hi,
Well I haven't been able to get it to work. For some reason it keeps showing the bios files in red and says that they don't exist in the folder. So I go back and make sure they're there. I even took the config file into programmer's notepad and made sure the roms folder was looking in that directory. I even disabled settings that were not in gngeo2x 0.6.12. Well thank you both for the quick replies. If I can get anything to work I'll post back. Thanks again.

I dont know if it will solve your problem but in version 1.1 i've added a quick gngeo2x files checking, to bypass this control you can launch rage2x with nochecking cmd:
CODE
./rage2x.gpe nochecking

In version 1.1 you can also create your own option line for gngeo2x
-create "rage2x.cmd" text file
-add one option per line
-save
-launch rage2x and go to options menu in blue it's your personnal cmd line
I've more created that to help pepone to test his emu, but it can be usefull for someone ?! :ph34r:

;)

Thanks! That works like a charm! Now i can choose between 0.8.7, 0.8.8 and 1.1 =D Thanks again! Oh and all of them work btw.

Back