Need Screenshots Of Fce And Alexkidd2X With Fullscreen Scaling

renejr902

Website
Visit site
need screenshots of FCE Gpfce nes emulator and Alexkidd2x both emulators with fullscreen scaling. for fce take a picture for each different full scaling mode in software and hardware with filtering and without it. take the picture in great quality so i can see the details. if possible for fce take picture in any megaman games stage, i play a lot of megaman series on nes it will be more easier to compare and for alexkidd choose sonic 1 for gamegear if possible.

i want to do comparison with the gp32 fullscreen Scaling option that exist in littlejohn nes emulator and sms32.

thanks A MILLION TIME for screenshots. i will be patient. i know we are all busy with work and others things. so i will check this thread often.

(i have a gp2x. but my gp2x is broken since several month maybe a year, so i cant do anything with it.)

note: i will take picture of pocket snes in fullscaling mode with and without filtering for Mario world in any stage if possible

i only hace fce so here are some megaman 3 endless screenshots with software fullscreen scalling

the screenshots are in native resolution (aka 320x240) and are taken from the actual gp2x with gshot, so they are very accurate

thanks a lot. did you take some pictures with full scaling in harware. i think i remember the gp2x having this option. i suppose in hardware it has some sort of smoothing

im really surprise, they sure looks good. i didnt remember the full scaling option be so great. the stretching seem like the original resolution. But when i look at the framerate im very SURPRISED. i didnt remember this. some screenshot dont have 60 fps. so in full stretching scaling the game cant have 60 fps ??? thanks to answer me on that one. Does it have 60fps in full scaling hardware mode ?

Are these picture stretching fullscreen at 100% of the screen. if yes, they really look awesome.

thanks for answer.

i play a lot of nes lately with my gp32, wiz and psp in fullscreen. i want to compare the result for some reasons.

Can you post a few picture in hardware fullscreen scaling ?

no the thing is that when you take the screenshot the game lags a little but it works at 60/60 all the time at 230MHz with software and 150 with hardware.
In hardware it looks worse because it uses nearest neigborg for scaling.

Comparison screenshots
--------------------------------------------------------------
Hard
shot00001s.png

Soft
shot00002nv.png

Hard
shot00001recortehard.png

Soft
shot00001recortesoft.png

Hard
shot00007sm.png

Soft
shot00006i.png

Hard
screenhard.png

Soft
screensoft.png

Hard
shot00005s.png

Soft
shot00004uh.png

Hard
shot00005srecortehard.png

Soft
shot00004recortesoft.png

I tried to get some comparison shots, but the result was weird. A little insight into how Gshot works perhaps. Can anyone explain? (I used the wrong games, sorry. :p )

Sonic (SMS) in FCE - Unscaled: .................................. Full screen (HW scaled):

shot17_0008.png
shot17_0005.png

TMNT in Alexxkidd - Unscaled: ..................................... Full screen:

shot17_0009.png
shot17_0010.png

THANKS A LOT ALL. im surprised the scaling mode in FCE is very good. Even in alexkidd. But for alexkidd im not sure the result would be so good with a gamegear game.

anyone want to try a game gear game ?

Gruso said:
I tried to get some comparison shots, but the result was weird. A little insight into how Gshot works perhaps. Can anyone explain? (I used the wrong games, sorry. :p )
The HW scaling is done by display controller while it reads image from memory, so there is no way to read it's output and gshot reads the unscaled image instead. I don't know how laharl does his HW screenshots though, maybe he is upscaling them himself.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes, the output is 256x240 for hw, but as it is nearest neighbor i did it with gimp, 256x240 => 320x240 but it looks exactly the same as the real output

Back