Need Some Testing

notaz

Certified Guru
Website
notaz.gp2x.de
I have some problems drawing the very last line of my GP2X screen. The problem is very minor, so I only noticed it recently. I wonder if the problem is hardware related (i.e. my GP2X has a little defect), or is it something else.

How can you help? Download this test and run it. While it runs, observe the bottom right corner of the screen. Is the bottom moving line visible at the corner? Are both lines moving identically?

Those who want to look at the source can find it here.

I'm running this now ..

Both lines move at the same speed, but the bottom one gets cut off by about 4 or 5 pixels as is gets to the right side, then a flash of the line appears as both lines start to wrap around again from the left.

TelcoLou said:
Both lines move at the same speed, but the bottom one gets cut off by about 4 or 5 pixels as is gets to the right side, then a flash of the line appears as both lines start to wrap around again from the left.
Thanks, so it happens for you too.. The problem is that I can't find a way to write directly to those 4 or 5 pixels, they just copy themselves from somewhere near the beginning of the line. This causes that annoying little artifact in gpfce..

I wonder what is wrong with it. May be some dev can look at the code and find something... Squidge?

Last edited by a moderator:
Lines show fully on mine. (No digicam right now, else I would have taken a photo to prove it)

EDIT: Firmware 2.1.1, LCD slider at 80%

Hmm .. I have a MKI, maybe that has something to do with it?

Both lines move identically and the bottom moving line is completely visible at the corner.

MK2
FW: 2.1.1

not the most useful post in the world, but..

I remember someone posting about something like this a few weeks ago.. a few pixels from the bottom right corner were appearing in the middle of the screen... I'll do a search and see if I can find anything more useful.

Saying this, it was only someone experiencing the problem, rather than any solution.

edit: hmm, searched, but can't find it. Maybe I was dreaming. Not the easiest thing to search for though!

Sorry for being hopeless!

cHEM said:
not the most useful post in the world, but..

I remember someone posting about something like this a few weeks ago.. a few pixels from the bottom right corner were appearing in the middle of the screen... I'll do a search and see if I can find anything more useful.

Saying this, it was only someone experiencing the problem, rather than any solution.

edit: hmm, searched, but can't find it. Maybe I was dreaming. Not the easiest thing to search for though!

Sorry for being hopeless!
Taaadaaaa! Clicky-click

Last edited by a moderator:
Sliding the LCD adjustment to the right fixes this but then the screen looks awfully interlaced.

Back