Neo Geo Emulator

Hello everyone, I tested and I kof97 crashes, like the wiz after the fight with Orochi Iori, he does to you?

Nice to see a caanoo port. Unfortunaltly it's an old version.
If someone would like to port a more recent version, he is more than welcome. I will not do the port myself (don't have a caanoo, and even if I had one, I have no free time to do it). I still can answer question about the source of course.

The source is available via mercurial
Code:
hg clone http://hg.berlios.de/repos/gngeo

Ps: the gngeo.dat file is not a romcenter dat file, it's just a zip with all the skin/font/etc. used by the newest version of gngeo.

Is there a reason that most of the games, that require the GFX cache files, don't display properly? I downloaded the GNGEO2x set, which worked perfectly on my Wiz... and now many of the bigger games are missing sprites, text, etc. Do I need to make new cache files for Caanoo?

pepone said:
Nice to see a caanoo port. Unfortunaltly it's an old version.
If someone would like to port a more recent version, he is more than welcome. I will not do the port myself (don't have a caanoo, and even if I had one, I have no free time to do it). I still can answer question about the source of course.

The source is available via mercurial
Code:
hg clone http://hg.berlios.de/repos/gngeo

No wonder many of my ROMs which works fine on the Wiz, have missing graphics. Can Ikari please port the latest version of gngeo 0.7? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
NJCristiano said:
Is there a reason that most of the games, that require the GFX cache files, don't display properly? I downloaded the GNGEO2x set, which worked perfectly on my Wiz... and now many of the bigger games are missing sprites, text, etc. Do I need to make new cache files for Caanoo?

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/57213-gngeo-problems/

paul3100 said:
hey guys anyone having problems with bios files?

When i start the emulator up it comes up with missing files info in red then asks to press any button to exit! iv tried placing mame/neo geo files into the roms folder along with the game roms but its not working....

paul3100

EDIT, sorted it out seems the neogeo rom was incorrectly named lol

I think i'm having this same issue. How is it you fixed it?
thanks!

Ulexes said:
thanks!

Simply by giving the roms the names, the emulator looks for.

CKeichel said:
Ulexes said:
thanks!

\facepalm.

>_< wow... sometimes it really is as simple as it sounds....

LOL thanks for the help man.

Ulexes said:
CKeichel said:
Ulexes said:
thanks!

\facepalm.

I downloaded the rom pack referenced earlier in this thread, and some of the roms are uber Glitchy. Any ideas guys? should i start a new thread for this? I hate threadjacking..Especially when I've only been here for a week.

The gfx files are no longer needed. You should also copy the romrc.d folder onto SD card. Try torrenting a NEOGEO full romset.

Ulexes said:
Ulexes said:
CKeichel said:
Ulexes said:
thanks!

\facepalm.

I downloaded the rom pack referenced earlier in this thread, and some of the roms are uber Glitchy. Any ideas guys? should i start a new thread for this? I hate threadjacking..Especially when I've only been here for a week.
I gotta say... this is one of the more supportive and helpful forums I've found. And i truly do appreciate it, Thanks!

hello everybody
i have a caanoo, and rage of the dragon and matrimelee didnt work on it
someone have a solution???i would love to play this games.

1. Make sure the filenames of the zip files is the same as that what Rage2X frontend is looking for.
2. Use Programmers Notepad and view the romrc.d files for the two games. Make sure the names of the files are the same as that in the zipped files.
3. If it still doesn't work, you probably need to download a decrypted romset. There was a link somewhere on this forum where you can download all NEO GEO games.

Has anyone had any luck with Metal Slug 3, 4 or 5? I've tried at least 5 different ROMs for each and can't get them to work. I either get the 'incorrect rom' message, corrupt or missing graphics. I even downloaded the set linked in this thread.

Any ideas?

My Metal Slug 1-5 all works. You have to use decrypted c roms. Torrent sites should have them.

rsuryase said:
My Metal Slug 1-5 all works. You have to use decrypted c roms. Torrent sites should have them.

I got decrypted roms, but am still having issues.

Is there a DAT file available that I could use in ROMCenter to check my ROMs? The DAT file from the GnGeo website doesn't work.

so i succed with matrimelle now is working , but rage of the dragon is impossible someone have an idea to fin the rom full decrypted , i cant find anywhere and i really want to play this game....

hello i succed to make woking matrimelee but rage of the dragon isn t working, i need to find the full decryted rom...but i don t find it. does anybody try to play this game on caanoo because i would love to play...someone can help me??please

Back