Neo Geo Pocket Emulators

Supervegeta

Still Fresh
I was just wondering whether I can put Neo Geo pocket colours emulators on a GP32 BLU+. It will decide whether I will buy a GP32 or PSP as if the gp32 can I will buy that 1st.
Thanks for your help

Though I cannot confirm whether or not the emu is blu+ compatable (I am almost positive that it is NOT since it is rather old and has not been updated for some time), I can tell you that purchasing a gp solely for NGPC emulation is unwise. Having tried the emu, I can say that, while very playable, it is not optimised. No sound is available and there is NO saving implemented (neither sram nor savestates) and cardfighters clash (the game I played most next to MOTM) is not playable.

The gp is, however, an excellent purchase due to its versatility and I highly reccomend it (particularly for genesis emulation).

Hope that helps.

@ Craig: never said it woudn't run, just said it may not be BLU+ compatable (i.e. the white bar issue)

I have run NeoGP32 on my BLU+ and it crashes as soon as you load it. As triksR4rabits suggested, there are many other great emulators to try out. I've had my GP32 for 2 weeks now and I'm totally blown away with it. I'd rather have a GP32 than a DS or PSP any day.

:)

Here we go again...

If a program is *old* it WILL run on a blu+.

Programs made with the gamepark SDK *ANYTIME* work fine.

Its a tiny number of releases made with a beta version of mr.mirkos SDK which don't work, I don't know if any versions of the NGPC emu used it.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

I never understand why NGPC emulation is so important... there are only a very few games on it that are worth playing -- while those games are great, it just doesn't seem to justify deciding which handheld to buy based on that...

For the price of a PSP you could probably buy a GP32 *and* a real NGPC with a couple of the games you love!

GP32 has SO much more to it, that NGPC is really just an afterthought.

gaterooze posted on Apr 13 2005 at 10:01 PM said:
I never understand why NGPC emulation is so important... there are only a very few games on it that are worth playing -- while those games are great, it just doesn't seem to justify deciding which handheld to buy based on that...

For the price of a PSP you could probably buy a GP32 *and* a real NGPC with a couple of the games you love!

GP32 has SO much more to it, that NGPC is really just an afterthought.

Yeah the NGPC had graphics like a Gameboy, and hardly any games. Not sure why so many are mental about it. I would think having near perfect MegaDrive, PCengine, NES, etc emulation would be enough to justify the purchase.

PSP and GP32 are two totally different markets. PSP for expensive but good new style commercial games, and the GP32 for emulators and homebrew.

Last edited by a moderator:
Must have been made with the beta version of mr mirko's SDK as I've downloaded NeoGP32 again and it still crashes after loading data. Shame as I would have liked to haved played the Metal Slug series.

:)

Yeah the NGPC had graphics like a Gameboy, and hardly any games

Yea but ALL of the NGPC Games I've played I absolutly loved and were already made to be played on a handheld anyway!!

Sorry to bump up such a old thread, but ive been searching for help as i have just downloaded the Neo Geo Pocket Emulator from here, i have put it on my BLU but im getting the same thing where the GP32 reboots when you try and open the emulator....

Is the anyone able to get this working ??

triksR4rabits posted on Apr 13 2005 at 09:54 PM said:
Though I cannot confirm whether or not the emu is blu+ compatable (I am almost positive that it is NOT since it is rather old and has not been updated for some time), I can tell you that purchasing a gp solely for NGPC emulation is unwise. Having tried the emu, I can say that, while very playable, it is not optimised. No sound is available and there is NO saving implemented (neither sram nor savestates) and cardfighters clash (the game I played most next to MOTM) is not playable.

The gp is, however, an excellent purchase due to its versatility and I highly reccomend it (particularly for genesis emulation).

Hope that helps.

@ Craig: never said it woudn't run, just said it may not be BLU+ compatable (i.e. the white bar issue)

I couldn't say it any better myself, so I won't!!!!!!!!! I'd simply add as a NGPC owner myself, that if that's all you really want to play it would be a lot cheaper and a lot less hastle to just go out and get yourself a NGPC and the game that you are after. H.G.

p00pty2 posted on May 15 2006 at 07:23 PM said:
Sorry to bump up such a old thread, but ive been searching for help as i have just downloaded the Neo Geo Pocket Emulator from here, i have put it on my BLU but im getting the same thing where the GP32 reboots when you try and open the emulator....

Is the anyone able to get this working ??

bump again, surley someone must know

Hey guys. I just wanted to let you know that there should be a new NGPC emu for GP2X/GP32/PC released in less than a week.

As far as I know, the GP32 version isn't full speed, but it should support all ROMs. I have no idea if it supports BLU+, though. The nice part is that it will be open-source, so BLU+ support could be easily added if it doesn't work.

It is full speed on the GP2X.

Flavor posted on May 16 2006 at 02:48 PM said:
Hey guys. I just wanted to let you know that there should be a new NGPC emu for GP2X/GP32/PC released in less than a week.

As far as I know, the GP32 version isn't full speed, but it should support all ROMs. I have no idea if it supports BLU+, though. The nice part is that it will be open-source, so BLU+ support could be easily added if it doesn't work.

It is full speed on the GP2X.

:D :D :D :D :D
This is great news! Glad to hear it will be out on three platforms, thanks so much!

Back