Neo Geo /rage 2x

Paradox

oh em gee
Website
Visit site
im trying to play metalslug 1/2 with ragr2 over gngeo

when i load the roms with or without global settings it just gives me the erorr:

bad roms
unknown or unsupported romset.
check it and your romrc

no idea what this means..

also if i load WITH global settings, and then "press and key" to go back to the menu, it just crashes. but without global settings its fine..no idea if this is a rage 2x or gngeo problem

I just use the gngeo fxe with 238mhz and sound on with the mame rom set and it works fine.

I don't use the front end.

I'm using the latest beta version with the mmu hack to make it faster, Mslug seems full speed at 238mhz with sound and uni bios.

My Metal Slug 1 & 2 works fine with the front end. I am clocking it at 266 mhz with sound. I do have a Pulstar rom that will not work with the front end. The name is ok for the front end, it just gives me the warning not to use the rom on anything but Neo Geo hardware and refuses to run. I can play it ok by not using the front end. It works fine like that.

weird.. i just cant get it to work. i managed to get metal slug 4/5 working, i didnt know it only need 230mhz to be playable speed, is this with sound? ive been playing mslug 4 with sound at 280mhz and its running perfect speed, no slowdown at all. guess i can change that to 230 or so and save some battery time

Paradox posted on Jul 21 2006 at 04:06 PM said:
im trying to play metalslug 1/2 with ragr2 over gngeo

when i load the roms with or without global settings it just gives me the erorr:

bad roms
unknown or unsupported romset.
check it and your romrc

no idea what this means..

also if i load WITH global settings, and then "press and key" to go back to the menu, it just crashes. but without global settings its fine..no idea if this is a rage 2x or gngeo problem

I'm a new GP2X user, but here is my two cents. I had problems runing any roms and I was having that same error message. I was using roms from my old MAME directory. I downloaded more recent ones and every one worked. So maybe you could find another rom for metalslug 1/2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back