Nester

GP32 Kirby

Website
Visit site
Just thought I'd look back at the page for the ol' discounted Nester project, when I found it's source code is now released, here's the author's words:

I apologize for it taking so long but, nevertheless, the source is now available. The last time I tried to compile/run it, it wasn't in good shape. I hope this is usefull to someone, especially the fullscreen stretching.

If anyone's interested then go get it at his website: http://www.sch3rz0.com/nestergp/

doubt anybody is going to make an NES emulator with LittleJohn around.

Ouch! He forget to take all the object and misc. debug stuff out, so it ended up being a 60MB download instead of a 1.7MB download as advertised!
Ouch indeed...

I kinda feel sorry for scherzo, since Little John outranks his emulator by a mile and he doesnt have nearly enough time to make a comeback... :(

Oh well.. maybe someone else will work on his emu's source from now on.. and fix the Game Genie function, which would make me really happy :D

Last edited by a moderator:
A bit of random info for those who ever check this thread again. Scherzo is now working on a new open source snes emulator for the dreamcast :).

See here.

Also, that thread shows the winner of the splash screen comp! Although he won't get anything, at least he'll know that he won!

Hey I tried to compile this under devkitadv32, but I am getting error as
GpTextOut16 and GpRectFill16 undeclared.

GPLIBS=-lgpsdk -lgpgraphic -lgpgraphic16 -lgpfont16 -lgpmem -lgpos -lgpstdlib -lgpstdio -lgpsound -lgpfont -lgpg_ex01 -lm -lstdc++

this is my GPLIBS line, am I missing something ?

Thanks in advance for the help
-vishwa

Check your gpgraphic.h or gpgraphic16.h found in your include directory. Make sure it has those 16-bit functions declared - you might have the 8-bit version.

Hey I tried to compile this under devkitadv32, but I am getting error as
GpTextOut16 and GpRectFill16 undeclared.

GPLIBS=-lgpsdk -lgpgraphic -lgpgraphic16 -lgpfont16 -lgpmem -lgpos -lgpstdlib -lgpstdio -lgpsound -lgpfont -lgpg_ex01 -lm -lstdc++

this is my GPLIBS line, am I missing something ?

Thanks in advance for the help
-vishwa

Iam having problems setting up the 16 bit libs,
can some1 zip the entire working DevKitAdv folder (including the 16bit functions & latest toolchains) and mail it to me ?

I greatly appreciate the help

Thanks in advance
-vishwa

my email is vishwa@vishwa.net

Back