Release NetSurf

Mash

Hello there,

i've packaged NetSurf 2.1 from the Angstrom-Repo into PND.

screenshot110306-netsurf-2.png

This is a very decent browser, but in the Angstrom-Version it lacks SSL-Support.

Maybe someone wants to do a full port of the current Version 2.6 and enable it?

Download PND

Source-Code

On the first run it will place a needed symbolic link on your NAND.

Thank you for the packaging. How does that browser compare, speedwise against Lightweight 2?

Cause actually Im kinda hapy with LW2.

Its almost as fast as Lightweight2. Btw, someone should consider compiling the latest source code of it and making it into a PND.

Btw, someone should consider compiling the latest source code of it and making it into a PND.
This would be my wish too (as stated in my first post above)!

Hopefully someone will do it soon, then we'd have the (in my opinion) perfect Browser for the Pandora...

Thanks. This seems to be faster than Lightweight2, but not as fast as Links2. It's also in between them in terms of how much stuff it loads. It looks more familiar than what you see in Links2, but you still won't be able to sort the tables in the Pandorawiki, for example.

I'm going to keep using Links2 for the most part, I think, but more options are always nice.

My main annoyance with it right now is that the d-pad seems to focus not on the screen itself, but on the top menu. The d-pad should be for scrolling within the screen, not for selecting menu options.

mash: slaeshjag is trying to compile the latest source code of it. He got the makefile to accept all of the installed dependencies but ran into a problem. That problem is that it crashes before it actually starts to compile the source code.

My main annoyance with it right now is that the d-pad seems to focus not on the screen itself, but on the top menu. The d-pad should be for scrolling within the screen, not for selecting menu options.
I've noticed this behaviour too. It seems (mostly) to work as expected, if you first do a click into the browser-window itself and then use the d-pad afterwards. It is of course a little bit annoying.

mash: slaeshjag is trying to compile the latest source code of it. He got the makefile to accept all of the installed dependencies but ran into a problem.
Good to hear that someone is already working on it.

Let's hope he can sort this problem out soon! *crosses fingers*

I've noticed this behaviour too. It seems (mostly) to work as expected, if you first do a click into the browser-window itself and then use the d-pad afterwards. It is of course a little bit annoying.
For me, it mostly doesn't work as expected, and clicking into the browser window usually doesn't fix it. But sometimes, it begins working correctly for some reason.

mash: slaeshjag is trying to compile the latest source code of it. He got the makefile to accept all of the installed dependencies but ran into a problem.
Good to hear that someone is already working on it.

Let's hope he can sort this problem out soon! *crosses fingers*

The problem is that the makefile has syntax errors in it which he doesn't want to fix. So, he's trying to compile v2.6 instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got 2.6 to compile and run!

There's some problems with it though.

I see some rendering problems. That wouldn't be that bad, but it also lacks Javascript o_O

EDIT: Releasing anyway: Download

Last edited by a moderator:
I got 2.6 to compile and run!

There's some problems with it though.

I see some rendering problems. That wouldn't be that bad, but it also lacks Javascript o_O

EDIT: Releasing anyway: Download

great thanks

it works but when first starting pops up with error window - couldn't resolve host 'http:'

cheers

Is it possible to set a default download directory in this?
In version 2.1 you could set one with "Edit -> Preferences -> Advanced -> Download directory".

Had no time to check v2.6 yet. Is that option missing there?

BTW: i've updated Links2 and made it honour commandline-parameters.

Back