New? Battery Questions ( Ac And Recharging )

mcfab said:
Hi,
As you are talking about battery/recharging I would like to know if Pandora can run only with external power supply (AC adaptor or USB) _without_ its battery plugged in ?
It may seems a weird question, but recently I discovered that many handhelds devices just can't do that! So how to proceed if I want to hotswap a pair of batteries without having to power off the device ?
If all else fails, you can just put it to sleep (which copies the contents of memory to the SD card), powered down, replace the battery, and power it back up which then resumes where you left off from the SD card.

Last edited by a moderator:
mcfab said:
Hi,
As you are talking about battery/recharging I would like to know if Pandora can run only with external power supply (AC adaptor or USB) _without_ its battery plugged in ?
It may seems a weird question, but recently I discovered that many handhelds devices just can't do that! So how to proceed if I want to hotswap a pair of batteries without having to power off the device ?

Last I heard, it cannot.

If all else fails, you can just put it to sleep (which copies the contents of memory to the SD card), powered down, replace the battery, and power it back up which then resumes where you left off from the SD card.

Yes, this is not a perfect solution (think about network connections) but I suppose it will work for many situations (eg: games, desktop apps)

Last I heard, it cannot.

Oups, i've missed this topic. Thanks! :rolleyes:

Chip said:
Any battery is "user replaceable" as long as you do not have to destroy the device to get at it (ipod). The
I've changed several batteries in iPods at work, and never destroyed one yet. Quite easy to do once you have done it a few times. Must admit though, the first one somehow got me to jab a knife into my hand, which meant a fair amount of cursing and the iPod almost going flying through a window.

Squidge said:
Chip said:
Any battery is "user replaceable" as long as you do not have to destroy the device to get at it (ipod). The
I've changed several batteries in iPods at work, and never destroyed one yet. Quite easy to do once you have done it a few times. Must admit though, the first one somehow got me to jab a knife into my hand, which meant a fair amount of cursing and the iPod almost going flying through a window.

+1 Almost every part can be replaced in case of an ipod classic.

Back