Mr. N00b Is Here Again For More Questions

Zoppe said:
Question.

i heard that quake 3 is possible, but besides quake how many quality 3d games will pandora have?(maybe for show-off factor) ps1 not included nor n64.
Cube has already been ported to the Dell Axim x51v, which has an architecture somewhat similar to the Pandora (ARM and OpenGL ES) so it should be ported pretty easily.
Sauerbraten may also be ported.
I think there's already a thread here with a title something like "Games to show off the Pandora" and there are a lot more possibilities there...
Zoppe said:
what apps would be helpful for school?
Well, I don't know what you want to do, but there are a lot of word-processing and other such tools for Linux, like Abiword and Gnumeric. If you can find anything that has already been ported to the Sharp Zaurus PDA, it's probably easily portable.
Zoppe said:
will it come with headphones? if yes, they will have media controls(play, next, previous etc)? if no, i suggest it. is it considered a hardware change?
It will not come with headphones, nor is this, I think, any priority - it would add extra cost, and most people already have headphones - and if you don't, there's no real advantage to buying them with the Pandora versus buying them separately anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the answers and for being nice to me tom :) .

i am just wondering. will there be a way to control the pandora without opening it? like some external media controls. can i make that with the headphone port or i will have to try another thing? one thing that i miss on the pandora is some kind of external media controls, but is a small price to pay for everything it offers.

ot anyone here know how to make an normal microphone(p10 or canon i think) an usb one? i want a diy project my father has experience with electronics.

thanks in advance and best regards to all

Zoppe said:
Thanks for the answers and for being nice to me tom :) .

i am just wondering. will there be a way to control the pandora without opening it? like some external media controls. can i make that with the headphone port or i will have to try another thing? one thing that i miss on the pandora is some kind of external media controls, but is a small price to pay for everything it offers.
well, you could probably use the shoulder buttons for basic controls - back, forward, tap L twice for pause/play, R twice for stop? something like that perhaps. The headphone port doesn't have any input capability, but it may be possible to connect a USB remote control-type device to one of the USB ports, if Linux drivers for such a thing exist. Actually I would think you'd be able to use a Bluetooth remote as well, but that would probably drain your batteries faster.
Zoppe said:
ot anyone here know how to make an normal microphone(p10 or canon i think) an usb one? i want a diy project my father has experience with electronics.

thanks in advance and best regards to all
well, since a normal microphone is probably entirely analog, you would need some kind of ADC to use it with USB. I don't know if such a thing exists, but I suppose it would be possible to make one, given enough hardware knowledge. However I'm pretty sure the Pandora has a (3.5mm) microphone input, so this is probably not even necessary if you have an appropriate adapter (it seems the p10 is XLR).

I don't know anything about microphones, though, so take with a grain of salt :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks gruso, but that a little bit out of reach for me (for what i intend to do) i just want the schematics so i can build something like that. if i import one of those its shipping + price + import charge (60-100% OUCH) im in brazil :( but thanks anyway

1. some
2. binary
3. volume is relative
4. hope not
5. hope so
6. yes - as a paperweight
7. not much from what I can tell, as you would need to have a powered USB mass storage device for it to work.
8. what serial port?
9. yes
10. ???
11. Java is possible

OFF TOPIC remark is negated by the following questions

13. yes - everyone is in some way - either as a follower, an enemy, a non-believer, a believer, something.
14. apparently so, but the movie sucked
15. No
16. online
16. not until I read this
17. not until I read this
18. eventually, yeah, probably

Back