New Blu ~ No Screen ?

musicnoter

Still Fresh
Just got the new BLU from lik-sang. Put the batteries in and turned it on and you can BARELY make out the word "play" at the top right, but nothing else comes in except a small shadow bouncing up and down to the left...THIS IS WITH THE LIGHT ON. You can't see ANYTHING with the light off.
Is it supposed to be this way until software is installed? This is our first. Had a FLU and it was clear as day.
Thanks!!

Have you tried to hold down Select for a few seconds? This toggles the backlight off/on.

Can you post screen shots of it? My BLU is extremely bright sometimes it even hurts my eyes ;).

is the BLU bad in natural light or sun light then? How does it compare to the FLU for those situations? I would like a BLU but not if it means I Need to find shadows to see the screen unless im playing at night with the lights off

I can hardly play in full light with my BLU!

No problem in the dark and under shadows, but when there is sunlight, i can't see a thing...

My BLU is perfect in the dark, but I could play in daylight with my FLu !

Can other people give their opinion on it?

CrazyDesi posted on Aug 17 2004 at 11:18 PM said:
Can you post screen shots of it? My BLU is extremely bright sometimes it even hurts my eyes ;).
eh...
what are you a vampire..?

Last edited by a moderator:
storm posted on Aug 17 2004 at 11:37 PM said:
is the BLU bad in natural light or sun light then? How does it compare to the FLU for those situations? I would like a BLU but not if it means I Need to find shadows to see the screen unless im playing at night with the lights off
The blu is horrible in direct sunlight. Not the regular gp32, that´s why I have both :) If you don´t like to sit in the shade all the time get a flu.

im pretty sure its the batteries, recharge them or buy another ones (what about 2400mah rechargables?)
or if you want to a ac/dc adapter (3V)

Okay...yes...sorry...should have told you.
Purchased from Lik-Sang (took 2 weeks to the states btw...paid for global priority)
Used their batteries at first. Then changed over to new energizers. Still very light.
Yes...that is with the light on ... with the light off the screen is completely BLACK...this is the start up screen mind you.
And we have not even downloaded the disc that came with it in case it is defective..
thanks!

One more thing...wrote lik sang about 5 days ago and have not heard a thing. It is under warranty right? If it under warranty do I have to know Korean to file a warranty claim?
UGH :eek:

musicnoter posted on Aug 21 2004 at 02:00 AM said:
One more thing...wrote lik sang about 5 days ago and have not heard a thing. It is under warranty right? If it under warranty do I have to know Korean to file a warranty claim?
UGH :eek:
I think they speak English :D, But u will probably have to pay the shipping back to them

Back