New Case Design

Do you prefer the New Design or the Previous Design

• I Prefer the new edges

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Na let's stick with the old edges

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

I'd be happy with either design to be honest, as long as the hardware is up to par. I think the new version will help them get more sales and media attention though. I'm not voting on this one!

The painted logo definitely adds that finishing touch to it :)

Depends how neat it's done, and we don't want a delay whilst a logo painting process is perfected.

I say leave it alone, and leave it matt. I've had that gloss coating peeling off on devices in the past, and that looks TERRIBLE!

craigix said:
Just want to make it clear the Pandora is still black.
Yay!

Mr.Gonzo said:
The clear plastic case of the classic gameboy did leave a mark on your heart too huh ? :(
Clear? Bah. The One True Gameboy is a gray brick.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just read the first topics about the design of the pandora.

My conclusion : I have full trust in the team !

I'm sure the fact i find the "artwork" kinda weird is because of the render of the rounded edges, and that it will be really nice on the final unit.

ste_167 said:
Depends how neat it's done, and we don't want a delay whilst a logo painting process is perfected.

I say leave it alone, and leave it matt. I've had that gloss coating peeling off on devices in the past, and that looks TERRIBLE!
Yeah I wasn't meaning that the Pandora team should paint all the logo's themselves. Leaving it as an optional mod will let people choose what colour they want it as and give them an easy hardware mod to cut their teeth on ;)

I thought it was already set in stone by the powers that be that it would be matt and not a glossy finish to the unit??

In order to avoid confusion between this and a NDS they should have a distinctive big blue Pandora logo (painted, of course).

Mr.Gonzo said:
DAP said:
I'd want clear plastic for the case, but with that you'd only be able to see the battery and the rubber keyboard mat :( . Oh well, black it is.
The clear plastic case of the classic gameboy did leave a mark on your heart too huh ? :(

Never had a gameboy (never even saw a clear cased one). I just like looking at the guts of my toys.

Please make it matte black and not shiny black. I just got a black DS Lite and the shiny black is not ideal for a hand held device. Ugly fingerprints are instant and it makes it slippery to hold over time.

timofonic said:
I think the device must look good but still easily able to differenciate to other devices or people will think it is some kind of cheap knock off when it's totally the contrary. It's a fact that Pandora has a lot higher spec and higher quality components than those lot more known brand products, but average people don't know it and will think bad of unknown products.
People are still going to come up and ask 'is that a DS' etc. Hell, I use my GP32 for mp3s when out and about, and despite the fact it look NOTHING like a DS (it doesn't have two screens for a start) I still get people asking me if that's a DS that I've got.

I want a union jack painting...

To go with my Fridge....

4185_1_230.jpeg

White Demon said:
timofonic said:
I think the device must look good but still easily able to differenciate to other devices or people will think it is some kind of cheap knock off when it's totally the contrary. It's a fact that Pandora has a lot higher spec and higher quality components than those lot more known brand products, but average people don't know it and will think bad of unknown products.
People are still going to come up and ask 'is that a DS' etc. Hell, I use my GP32 for mp3s when out and about, and despite the fact it look NOTHING like a DS (it doesn't have two screens for a start) I still get people asking me if that's a DS that I've got.

That's OK, but let's not make it easier for those ignorants and fanboys bashing the Pandora ;-)

If they ever release the CAD files for the case (i doubt it'll happen) then I will definitely get a case machined out of aluminium at work. I could then send it off for anodising.... mmmm.... blue anodising...

CiderPunk said:
That is the best fridge in whole wide world
No it's not. My friend's fridge is. It has 700 "Support Our Soldiers" magnets on it, all stolen off cars from his many trips into the states. You can't even tell where the door is supposed to open.

Back